Maidenhead, United Kingdom
I ensure that the Agile manifesto principles are adhered.
• Coaching empowering and leading teams to self-organisation.
• Working closely with the Product Owner / PM /to ensure well defined User Stories are created and prioritised ready for the team to deliver.
• Helping the team to implement a consistency of approach and quality of output.
• Working with fellow Scrum Masters to refine and develop the Scrum processes and share and adopt good practice, behaviors and innovative ideas.
• Collaborating with the Release Train Engineer and Scrum Masters from other release trains to identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
• Coaching empowering and leading teams to self-organisation.
• Encourage acts of leadership from all team members and at all levels within the wider organization
• Helping the teams continuously improve and collaborate with geographically distributed teams
• Helping in coaching on the business side - product owners, epic owner, senior management
• Facilitating SOS and COP meetings.
• Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and partners.
Vocalink is a global payments partner relied on by financial institutions, corporate and the government sector to provide high availability and resilient payment solutions. As a part of the transition from traditional waterfall to Agile working, I acted as an advocate for agile to help drive culture change, mainly SAFe framework. The main purpose of this role is to lead and manage delivery teams, taking ownership of the delivery of specific Agile projects.
I support the day to day running of the agile delivery teams, helping them to meet their commitment to their sprint goals.
• Facilitate all Agile ceremonies for the teams.
• Coach and mentor teams to mature in agile approach and culture.
• Motivate, inspire and give clear direction to the team to encourage focused approach, excellent QA and team performance.
• Ensure blockers are owned and removed so that the teams can continue working with minimal delay.
• As a Scrum Master, I successfully managed multiple agile teams and digital projects
• Work with the relevant stakeholders, primarily the Product Owner, to prioritize the backlog by maintaining the product roadmap and backlog.
• Applying the relevant level of Agile governance to the delivery process, covering communication, reporting and metrics.
• Owned Confluence and Jira space for the product, ensuring they reflect current state of delivery and Agile best practice.
• Act as the single point of contact for the delivery team and facilitator.
• Develop, manage and maintain key stakeholder relationships with the Product Management, Portfolio, Management, Customer Services, and across C level.
❖ BSP: The Border Systems Programme (BSP) has a requirement to deliver changes needed to those business processes and IT systems that operate at the border (Customs, Excise and VAT) to enable the continued movement of goods, passengers and parcels following the UK's exit from the EU.
❖ MASP: Central Service Reference Data (CS/RD): CS/RD is an EU central data service for all its existing members. The project was to consume from the new service, store the data in a central HMRC database, derive if any data elements had changed and pass these onto the HMRC as customer in a legacy XML format.
• Successfully coached the team from waterfall mindset towards Agile and its practices.
• Using SAFe agile approach my team was responsible for delivering and support APIs, which was a challenging task due to ever moving / changing requirements. Hence, the scrum master was expected coach the teams accordingly keeping agile principles in mind and find innovative ways to smooth the learning curve.
• I build strong and lasting relationships with Stakeholders for helping teams to deliver the right thing, at the right time.
• Facilitate the scrum ceremonies such as stand ups, retrospectives, story planning and sprint planning.
• Acted as a facilitator for the Product Owner and the team both.
• Removed impediments that were obstructing the team from achieving sprint goals, helped the team remain creative and productive, while making sure its successes are visible to the Product Owner.
• Assists POs in definitions of DOR and DOD (definition of done).
• Introduced and implemented Gherkin due to project needs.
• Customized the workflow and processes for the scrum teams.
• Maintain RAID log and producing weekly project status reports to Stakeholders
• Train, mentor and coach other scrum masters ensuring a consistent approach to delivering software in an iterative environment
• Conducting Agile awareness session for delivery group staff
• Stake holder management and show and tell the senior management.
• Managing the finance carefully, estimation of any change request, forecasting and ensuring that the project estimates are managed upfront.
In this role I contributed in the following:
The projects and technologies are as follow, shared by two teams consists from 7 and 9 members.
❖ Telemarketing Sales: (ASP.net C# MVC SQL server).
❖ Data Management Console: (ASP.net C# MVC SQL server).
❖ Lead Research system: Vue.js, (C# SQL server).
❖ Sales Application: (Angular V1 C# and SQL server).
❖ Website and Portal: (ASP.net C# MVC SQL server).
❖ Warranty agreements: (Microsoft dynamics 365).
❖ Retire Finlex: Data migration to new system in Union street Ability.
Introduced Scaled Agile Framework (although not fully implemented but adopted based on the agreement / requirements).
• Ensured the successful deliverables, across the teams to meet business requirements and timescales.
• Led the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned platform teams towards their goals.
• Mentored and coached direct reports and others in the team, working closely with the competency leads, to develop them into top performing individuals who would excel at what they did
• Created transparency and predictability across teams using appropriate tool and metrics including story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn down charts, cycle times, value stream maps and release plans
• Continuously assessed teams approach to adapt planning tools, Agile methods and communication to ensure a successful and sustainable delivery
• Conducted coaching sessions and facilitated daily stand-ups, sprint planning /review /retrospective backlog grooming.
• Created sprint and release plans and other Scrum artifacts
• Drove continuous improvement processes by setting up constant sessions with the project stakeholders.
Worked on an NHS SBS program within National Health Service and managed agile transformation within the program for the business team as well as software delivery teams.
• Worked across a multidisciplinary team to deliver and continuously improve products of significant scale and complexity.
• Delivered digital Public Health products and services using appropriate agile project management methodologies
• Led the collaborative, dynamic planning process to deliver and prioritize the work that needed to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
• Built trust and positive working relationships with teams to support the delivery.
• Followed agile project management practices for multidisciplinary teams.
• Worked with the Product Manager to define the product and service roadmap and help translate it into prioritized stories.
• Worked with the Product Manager to forecast project finances, produce internal reporting and manage risks and issues.
I transformed both the teams into high performing agile team by provided coaching, workshops and knowledge transfer sessions this led the team to buy in agile methodology.
• Managed a big portfolio of resources, iterative deliveries, project cost, stakeholder and risk management.
• Established a working agile framework that is suitable for the project while largely remain under waterfall SDLC.
• Arranged user story grooming and planning sessions with teams, customers, BAs, and SMEs.
• Used many online tools for working closely with distributed teams across the UK and gather teams for planning, daily development and retrospectives sessions.
• Managed risks, assumptions, and stakeholders with clear reporting, communication and dependency model.
• Defined and managed activities across the project team
• Coached teams to take the ownership of each deliverable (stories, sprint and release wise).
• Shaped high-level design and technology plan required to deliver a business outcome.
• Constructed and delivered plans that brought together technology with people and process
• Managed effective communications with the Programme Manager and stakeholders (including benefits, priorities and status)
• Strived for continuous improvement and empowerment in the team
• Facilitated discussions within/across teams on the best way to deliver maximum value to our customers
• Supported the product managers in their quest for the best product for the customer
I took this challenging role as an agile firefighter, team motivator and stakeholder manager. I was given the added responsibility of UX lead to make rapid and experienced decisions. This was a technical role based on the SQL DB extraction and dynamic report generations requirements. I received an award in team leadership domain (acknowledging my efforts in 'Team Improvement' area).
On day to day basis I performed and focused on the following during this project:
• Team facilitation and mentoring.
• Removed impediments and noises from the team.
• Conduct daily scrum stand-ups, retrospective, sprint review and planning sessions.
• Monitoring tasks and defects with clear stakeholder reporting using automated tools.
• Build relationships with product consultants and third-party vendors.
• Managed external dependencies and capacity planning.
• Ensuring best practices are followed and introduced effective ways to reduce defect rate previously been very high.
• Planned and monitored the artifacts required for the transformation program.
• Educating members of staff upstream and downstream including senior management.
Unspecified, Project Management
MBA, International Business Management and General Management
Contact Farhan Azeem
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Farhan directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark