Manchester, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
As a data analyst for Alstom I have been involved in gap analysis for system migration from a SAP based
platform and analysis on train faults using SQL extracts and Excel and presenting findings via Power Bi or
• Using SQL extracts from SAP to analyse current system usage and make recommendations on what
the new system should incorporate to accommodate current usage.
• Analysing data across multiple sources to understand where most train faults are occurring, if they're
being properly diagnosed and reasons why they are being missed.
• Presenting findings to senior members of staff so they can implement recommended changes.
• I was hired as the first data analyst for Alstom UK and created the framework to answer various
company questions using statistical data.
• Successfully got 70 "train damage codes" accepted to be implemented in the new system.
• Created a "Web intelligence query creator" allowing staff to create custom SQL queries.
As a rectification analyst for Royal London I have been part of the "Think beyond" project using Excel for MI
analysis and diagnosing large scale system errors with a view to migrating data from an Oracle based platform to a new platform.
• Using pivot tables and V-lookups to analyse system wide errors relating to customers' pension
• Using root cause analysis to solve system errors on a case by case basis and applying solutions.
• Presenting progress reports to both senior and junior employees in different areas and suggesting
requirements for the new platform.
• Meeting with other business areas to inform how system errors are being created and reduce these.
• Assisted in the Think Beyond project reducing over 10,000 system errors to below 3000
• Gained a continuous improvement LCS 1A qualification and helped implement continuous
improvement theories in the workplace.
• Reduced business error rate by showing root cause of system errors and how to avoid these.
As a data analyst for Apple I worked on various projects analysing the accuracy of Siri in voice recognition and responding to user requests using in-house software and Excel.
• Analysis of accuracy, reliability and validity of artificial intelligence to recognise users' requests within
strict daily timeframes
• Analysis of the AI's ability to act upon the users' requests.
• Adapting to different project requirements which changed day-day.
• Consistently exceeded daily targets resulting in placement on more advanced projects.
• Achieved a clear improvement in the functionality of Siri.
As a backshift duty manager for ECTV I was involved in the planning, setting up and dismantling of client
events based on their personal requirements. Other responsibilities included engaging with clients face to face or over the phone and delegating tasks to members of staff.
• Planning and executing a wide variety of events from boardroom meetings to online exams.
• Meeting with clients to discuss event requirements or event problems including IT errors and layout
• Delegating tasks to each member of the team to ensure the work is completed in an optimal way.
• Excellent feedback from respected companies such as Lush and The Open University.
• I was consistently reliable often working 30-40 hours a week if required, despite attending university.
Contact Jonas Nixon
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Jonas directly in Worksome.
31600+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark