London, United Kingdom
Recent success completed her time at Tier 1 top 50 international banks where she helped spearhead the execution of strategic initiatives in a $MBN digitisation programme of 60,000 employees & 30 million customers.
Industry expertise in transforming heavily regulated organisations in the private and public sectors. She helps organisations understand both Traditional & Agile Programme Management for the company operation transition to full Agile & or other digital practices & frameworks.
Industry Thought Leader active in the transformation & technology communities as a trained speaker at seminars, meetups and other events having presented alongside thought leaders such as Jeff Sutherland, Geoff Watts, JJ Sutherland and Carol McEwen.
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
* She mitigated Board level PEST risks associated with operating in the Channel Islands by successfully executing on the strategic transformation goals. She led and created scrum teams that did NOT exist in the Channel Island's Financial Hubs of any other financial organisation. She recruited internally, coached, trained, mentored and developed colleagues into scrum teams to adopt iterative development, Agile frameworks and experimentation with fast feedback. She trained all colleagues on how to implement Agile metrics and trained executives to understand the reports, changes, risks and metric meanings, including how they differ from traditional waterfall frameworks.
- The Technology roadmap saw products and services were rapidly (6-9months) digitised and simplified with minimum bureaucracy , mitigating the impact of COVID on the business, colleagues and customers before isolation plans began execution.
- She contributed to the Group's ethical corporate responsibility. By upholding the Group's values & promoting Digital Growth in the Islands, she encouraged the business to leverage the UK Group's transformation initiatives avoiding rework. Such initiatives saw rapid transformation resulting in team members participating & speaking at the government-led digital meetups, further promoting Agile adoption.
* Utilised agile marketing to support, test and learns, innovation, and new ways to proposition new products and services. Ran workshops in design thinking, systems thinking and model offices to drive a new way of thought and culture through invigorating purpose in the changes development teams created.
* Delivered savings, mitigated risks, mitigated regulatory breeches and coached alignment in strategic direction. Introduced leadership to Enterprise Scaled Agile cadences. Aligned backlogs to the UK's Commercial Business Banking Values Streams & ensured in-scope deliverables that could benefit LBCM via the Group's shared services agreement. Previous de-scoped initiatives caused the high-risk potential for regulatory breeches causing unnecessary friction between directors of the ring-fenced & non-ring-fenced banks due to senior Product Owners missing requirements in their products regarding impacts due to lack of alignment between delivery team's cross organisation.
* Drove a new leadership culture and ownership. Orchestrated 1-2-1 executive and colleague workshop sessions helping shape a goal-based delivery model that leverages the Parent Company resources for a low cost to serve model and rapidly close the digital gaps with new technologies.
Market leader in digital financial and e-payments products, financial crime and anti-money laundering management and settlements services and software solutions for internal use and external sale to Tier 1,2 and 3 Banking organisations, challenger banks, neo banks and other private and public sector clients.
AGILE COACH / SCRUM MASTER (PERM)
Brought in to advise CIO as senior Scrum Master to remove bureaucracy that was slowing down the transformation. Leveraged client/company collaboration to lower (-%25) original budget to execute a successful $5M end-to-end company transformation from Waterfall to Agile, and mentor software development teams to generate client-focused solutions aligned with new company strategy, PCI DSS regulations, driven next-generation New Payment Platform (NPP) and real-time processing ecosystem.
* Collaboratively worked with clientele such as the Australian Government, Australian Military Pension Funds, Credit Unions and other heavily regulated clients to build customer focused services.
• Transitioned to full Agile LeSS framework. Collaborated with CIO / HR to shape the target operating model and OKRs and redefine roles and responsibilities. Facilitated discussions, resolved conflicts, and guided and mentored PMO, CMO, IT, product owners and programme managers to adopt and embed new ways of working. Shifting language from "when is the due date" to "how can we help to hit the goal."
* Grew profitability by $5.1M on a 3-year forecast, Co-Empowered Agile development teams to build 24 x 7 real-time cloud-hosted payment processing with machine intelligence-led fraud detection systems to handle 400M+ transactions per day.
• Change managed & coached Head of Engineering & teams to shift the engineering culture. Encouraged teams to own and adopt DevOps environment and TDD, continuous development and delivery tools, implemented governance frameworks and drove process automation by helping unblock challenges that required senior executive decisions on to implement new technologies. Helped CIO with prioritisation of the transformation backlog, and restructured teams to include service and client elements that rapidly realised customer-centric value add.
• Increased Agile development knowledge for both colleagues and clients where she produced engaging training content, carried out individual and group-based workshops for 300+ staff that created high-performing and self-organising Agile units. Facilitated joint initiative workshops with fintech clients, payment partners and government groups to produce new market-leading products for clients and their customers.
Not-for-profit children's charity whose goal is to create opportunities through education for disadvantaged children and their families.
AGILE COACH - PRO BONO
Provided Agile expertise across Scrum teams to transform software development frameworks and assure delivery of in-flight projects valued at $10M that advanced charity's vision and strategy and achieved positive outcomes.
* Facilitated new educational platform, web portals and customer interface solution delivery. Trained, coached and mentored development teams, facilitated product roadmaps, and supported the Scrum of Scrums.
Independent software development outsourcing company specialising in building, testing and configuring bespoke customer-centric solutions. Employs 300 people throughout offices in Australia, Costa Rica, India and Philippines and generates AUD$10M revenues.
AGILE COACH / SCRUM MASTER
Reported to director than worked way up to support CTO / CIO. Led adoption and introduction of Agile, DevOps and DSDM practices across the business. Managed full lifecycle projects and on / offshore cross-functional teams to deliver white-label and client-focused solutions.
* Positively transformed the organisation and culture. Brought together diverse stakeholders, defined the master transition plan, created an Agile practice team and coached Scrum Masters and Product Owners. Liaised with sales, marketing, IT, engineering and operations to implement new concepts and overcome impediments and issues.
* Achieved 8% boost in revenues post Agile introduction. Trained and certified 300+ staff in DevOps culture and Agile essentials, and embedded best-practice mindset into project management lifecycle, which resulted in fast delivery, improved client/customer service, product quality and NPS.
* Decreased business solution delivery time and realised immediate application deployment. Led development and implementation of new cloud platform and continuous integration and delivery stack.
* Directly elevated profits by $2.5M. Exploited client successes and capitalised on Agile organisational capability to justify the hourly client rate increase by 30%, and helped rebranded/remarket the company leading to many new deals.
* Assured adherence to Agile values, principles and practices where she mentored delivery teams of up to 40 on multiple build, test and release projects for web-based applications, payment platforms, CRM systems and IT solutions. Facilitated ceremonies, stand-ups, user-stories, artefact generation, Sprints, Scrums and backlog grooming.
Contact Jana Lace
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Jana directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark