, United Kingdom
Design, Development and Maintenance of Digital Greenfield/Brownfield Trading platform IT system
The primary objective of the project is to support Digital business transformation across the William Hill trading system, seamlessly moving the applications to Cloud.
The William Hill Trading Platform is a high-volume event based multi-tiered micro services (Spring boot) platform (RESTful API services) delivered following an Agile Scrum approach. The micro-services are deployed using Docker compose and the orchestration is managed by Mesos/Marathon.
Job Role: Technology Lead for the entire William Hill trading system
• Owned the implementation responsibility of a new William Hill Trading feature call Your-Odds.
• Responsible for co-ordination about design and delivery with William Hill third party software provider Isotoma.
• Involved in design and security decisions of processing high volume transactions in a secure manner and historical data extraction for state management, using William Hill Kafka queues.
• Participated in technical review of using Cassandra as a Strategic store for trading events comparing with Kafka, Redis and Oracle.
• Lead an initiative on improving the overall code quality by introducing Sonarqube in the deployment pipeline.
• Hands on helping/mentoring to the development team for various development activities.
• Participated in discussions regarding migration of WH platform to AWS and the various security implications.
Tools/Technologies: TOGAF, Java 1.8, Active MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Docker, Docker Compose Vagrant, Puppet, Sonarqube, Ansible, Angular.js, React.js, Bootstrap, Cassandra, Postgres, Oracle, Mongodb, Riak, Node.js, Git, Github, Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Mockito, REST, Proto buffer, Apache Solr, Apache Redis, Selenium, Mesos, Marathon, Consul.
Design and Development of a Digital Greenfield IT system
The primary objective of the programme is to support Digital business transformation across the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Her Majesty Court Service (HMCTS).
The Common Platform is multi-tiered microservices platform (RESTful API services) delivered following an Agile Scrum approach heavily reliant upon Domain Driven Design. Services are constructed following a Command Query Responsibility Segregation/Event Sourcing (CQRS/ES) model built on micro services with Hexagonal architecture and are realised using open-source frameworks and products.
Job Role: Application Architect for Crown Court Resulting application
• Owned the Technical and Security Design and Architecture of Crown Court Resulting and Scheduling teams.
• Translated product requirements into technical software design and participated in various Designs review and Governance boards and presenting design cases in various forums.
• Validated the micro services architecture in the realm of Domain Driven Design and designing data structure based on DDD.
• Validated the ForgeRock OpenAM implementation for Authentication service.
• Hands on helping/mentoring to the development team for various development activities.
• Technical Assurance and signing off stories after each Sprint after proving that the code works with automated Unit, Integration and UI testing.
• Participated in the investigation of application and infrastructure devices to resolve various application bandwidth/throttling issues.
• Participated in the design of Infrastructure gateways in UKCloud, AWS and Azure platforms.
• Working with Security architects, Infrastructure architects and Devops engineers to define the application security based on TOGAF/SABSA models, OWASP and also keeping in mind the ISO 27001 controls.
• Defining the Non-functional testing requirements including the security testing involving tools like Zap proxy.
• Helping the team setup their development environment with tools like Vagrant and assisted in code reviews.
• Creation of HLDs, LLDs, NFRs and Error Handling documents.
• Involved in the streamlining of Continuous Integration and SDLC processes.
• Participated in SCRUMs, Planning, Refinements, 3 Amigos and Retrospective sessions.
• Participated in creation of Reference Data Model and designing of Activiti BPMN2.0 workflow engine.
• Reviewed application accessibility issues based on WCAG 2.0 concepts.
• Took the technical leadership for the GDS service review.
• Technical co-ordination with various third parties for network/application integration points, VPNs, TLS, WAF, security compliances etc.
• Collaborating with UX/UI team on devising simple solutions to complex problems.
• Breaking software designs into manageable tickets/stories that deliver user value.
• Supporting deployment of applications to UKCloud, AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Tools/Technologies: TOGAF, CQRS, Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing, Hexagonal Design Pattern, Java 1.8, Modsec proxy, IPSec/L2TP , Barracuda , Active MQ Artemis, Apache Delta spike, Spring, Hibernate, Vagrant, Ansible, Angular.js, Bootstrap, Liquibase, Postgres, Node.js, Git, Gerrit, Jira, Confluence, Neo4j, JBoss Wildfly v10 Application Server, Mockito, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Activiti, REST, RAML.
• Participated in daily Scrums, bi-weekly Sprints / Participated is creating user stories in Jira for each Sprint / Understood the existing system studying various Design, Architecture and Security documents / Worked on individual Jira stories and converting the stories into Java code / Created TDD and BDD (both for Unit and Integration testing) code before working on the main code / Worked on maintaining an existing Dropwizard project / Configured and triggered Jenkins job for a new deployed code / Maintained the existing live system code based on live incidents created on ServiceNow.
Java, J2EE, EJB, JBoss, Apache web servers, Spring, Hibernate, Dropwizard, Struts, Junit, Mockito, Selenium/Substeps, Webservices, Openldap, Eclipse, MyEclipse, SVN, Git, Altrium SFTP, MySQL, SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g, Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins), Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle Red Hat, Solaris.
Involved in transition of several DVLA IT systems (Electronic Vehicle Licensing, Wheel Clamping, BART, Tachonet, EUCARIS etc.) for both Vehicles and Drivers from Fujitsu/IBM to DVLA in-house / Contributed to Live support and development activities for the Live support team, investigating issues with Tachonet EJB components , Sun One LDAP, GWT configuration , Application server performance tuning etc. / Studied the existing Technical Environment Designs, Security designs, High Level Designs, and Low-Level Designs etc. and created Service handbooks/run books for individual applications / Involved in the implementation of the project transition by bringing the IT in-house from the Service Partners following the Government Digital Solutions (GDS) framework / Participating in re-designing of the current systems to initiate the IT transformation once the transition is over with focus on Network, Wintel, Unix, AIX etc. using technologies like MongoDB, Play Framework, Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, Scala etc.) / Analysing applications based on Java/J2EE and Microsoft technologies after participating is multiple sessions with Fujitsu, IBM, Concentrix, and Price Waterhouse and Deloitte consultants / Use of various Rational products along with ServiceNow / Involved in setting up and reviewing technologies (mostly PGP encryption) for secure transmission of DVLA information to various interfacing agencies.
Java, J2EE, EJB, IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, MQSeries, Spring, Hibernate, Webservices, Altrium SFTP, SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Service now, Microsoft SharePoint, AIX, Linux, Solaris, IBM blades, Rational Asset Manager, IBM Datapower, Rational Clearcase, Rational Clearquest, HP Quality Centre.
Worked closely with Infrastructure architects and application Solution architects to design the monitoring solution including the solution to monitor the SSO solution using Smartcard/ Involved in various Risk Assessment workshops to identify security vulnerabilities and to define the mitigation processes / Involved in managing various ITIL processes / Organized workshops with the end users to understand their reporting requirement / Preparation of Design/Technical Specification and Test Specification after confirmation of requirement, prepared various UML Diagrams based on the confirmed flow / Coding and development at various application layers / Various levels of testing(including Non-functional testing) using testing tools and methodologies / Designing HP BSM monitoring solution for multiple applications and services / LoadRunner and QTP scripting / Supported the monitoring solution on a day-to-day basis, troubleshooting application/network issues / Requirement gathering for monitoring solutions for NHS applications for SPINE, Acute, Rio, PACS, Telehealth, Interoperability etc./ Created and maintained HP BAC uCMDB Dashboards using various modeling techniques like Instance view, Pattern view, Custom adaptors etc. / Worked closely with various compatible versions of Vugen , QTP and HP BPM on various Windows OS / Involved in the technical comparison/analysis between HP BPM agents-based monitoring and NHS run Compuware Vantage agentless monitoring and the pros and cons of each product.
Project Bid / understanding of Chordiant Decision Management system / In house projects
using Microsoft Technologies like ASP .net, AJAX, Sharepoint and SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server Dot net project at Allergan to build a Sales HR Software for Allergan Marketing team
Java, J2EE, EJB, IBM Websphere, Perl/CGI on Netscape Web server, Jakarta Struts, PVCS,
CISCO's Training Partner Management System" Development project.
Job Role: Senior Developer
Tools/technologies: J2EE, Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3 Application server, Oracle 8i (PLSQL Procedures and Functions)
Java, J2EE, Websphere Application Server 3.5, DB2 UDB7.0.
Bachelors, Electrical Engineering
Contact Parag Chatterjee
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Parag directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark