London, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
residential, educational and commercial projects such as two £250k Basements at Nothing Hill, £2.3 million private school extension at Winchester and internal
alteration for couple of HSBC branches.
numerous residential projects - from £5 million multi-storey luxury residential
buildings, and £250k Basements to £150k refurbishments and extensions.
packages including structural design, specifications, design philosophy reports,
calculation packages for building control, managing internal QMS, development
of 3D BIM models and 2D output for projects such as £85 million commercial and residential 8-story building in central London. I represented CNM at project
meetings with architects, other consultants and contractors.
numerous educational and other public projects - from £10 million new
builds to £100k refurbishments/extensions as well as Park & ride projects for Oxfordshire and Southamptonshire county councils. I have also prepared
wastewater and surface water scheme for a number of projects.
I worked as a Structural Engineer and Project Manager for Building
Construction projects in the UK.
Multiple responsibilities for engineering, assistant project management,
business unit operation, and business development functions in different projects
I carried out the structural design and analysis of eight-story hotel in Dublin by
Eurocode, BS using Oasys Structural Software from beginning to the end of the structural design stage.
I DID • Identifying and setting out the deliverables at each stage of the project
• Developing the concept into a structural scheme design
• Liaising with architects/clients and adapting to meet their requirements
• Developing the design in accordance with the agreed deliverables and programme
• Analysing, updating and working to budgets and time frames
• Submitting high-quality drawings, calculations and specifications
• Attending site meetings and supervising contractors
• Designing review of the buildings structure based on British Standard/
• Retrofitting and strengthening of concrete structures
• Preparing technical specifications for various building constructions
• Processing site investigation data to provide report on environmental impact,
risk assessment, safety and quality management
• Advising client of procurement, manufacturing, assembly, construction
techniques and sequences
• Providing preliminary design studies for residential and commercial buildings
• Revising design and construction standards for public works
MSc, Structural Engineering
Contact Hossein Shafie-Pour
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Hossein directly in Worksome.
31900+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark