Experienced Commercial Interior Designer, Interior Architect
London, United Kingdom
To date Chris Bromfield Design has collaborated with a host of clients across sectors in retail, well being and fitness ranging from small businesses and start up companies to international well established brands, holding each project accountable for his successes over 10 years within the design industry.
Chris Bromfield Design now operates a design business that aims to develop a unique partnership experience.
Let us bring your project to life.
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Winning 6 design projects, concept to completion, in the first 11 months
Lead the Store Design for the region creating innovative commercial retail schemes, managing the store strategy to meet store
functionality and brand concept through to delivery of construction plans. Managed project deliverables and engaged with internal
cross functional teams and external consultants, contractors, architects, planners, and suppliers - domestically and abroad.
• Set up EMEA design department for company expansion and growth.
• Designed, prototyped and rolled out innovative new fixtures and signage solutions.
• Space planned layouts and completed feasibility designs, site surveys and visits during construction to champion the design intent.
• Managed workflow and processes; coordinated architects in the UK and locally in Europe on drawing completion dates, permit
approvals and drawings timelines for purchasing/bid process to start.
• Ensured that design worked within the allocated budgets; value engineering against budget where required.
• Prepared schematic and design drawings for architectural planning such as, floor plans, reflective ceiling plan, elevations, fixture
drawings, finishes, back of house facilities.
• Reviewed and approved design drawings, ensuring architects, consultants and vendors follow the design intent.
• Maintained brand image and consistency whilst making retail spaces locally relevant.
• Researched new innovative materials in sustainability and "green" materials.
Reporting directly to the head of Store Design, implemented design criteria through to architectural drawing package, source materials
and finishes, visit site and ensure creative and brand ethos are adhered to.
• Managed new projects in the UK and the Far East from concept-to-completion.
• Undertook store concept development, completed tender and detail drawing pack, as well as executed, sketched and rendered
visuals for landlord approval and timeline management.
• Exemplified cross-functional approach by fully assimilating into and liaising with in-house departments as well as externally with project managers, building code consultants, architects, and building contractors, through to project completion.
• Completed site surveys in a methodical manner within time schedule.
• Developed cost effective solutions in line with global budgets.
• Resolved local and regional statutory approvals and localised differences through to completion.
• Lead the design team and was the point of contact for clients. Fostering excellent rapport with client and external contractors.
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously and led the scope of work and resources for M&S client account.
• Received design briefs and travelled to site (in the UK and Ireland) to ensure a real understanding of the project needs and interpreting this into a successful design solution.
• Visualised sketches and environments for internal and external clients: 2D drawings, floor plans, realistic 3D visuals & presentations using AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max & Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Facilitated in regular external meetings with Store Development managers, Procurement, Project managers and Architects to review policy and planning principles.
• Delivered Schedule of loose equipment, trackers and phasing drawings for contracts managers.
• Facilitated necessary training and development opportunities for colleagues.
• Produced artwork, ready for print, handled own brand and worldwide consumers such as Disney and M&S.
• Established best practice and devised improvements with regards to working methods.
• Designed bespoke luminaires for high-end clients such as Nike, Jaeger, Manchester Airport, Bluewater Shopping Centre and CPW.
• Coordinated product development through 12 factories in the Far East.
BTEC, Public Services
BTEC, Aviation Studies
Secondary, Product Design
GCSEs, 9 B-C's Including (Minor in English, Maths)
Contact Christopher Bromfield
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Christopher directly in Worksome.
31900+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark