Digital marketer and online specialist specialising in website management and analytics
HIGH WYCOMBE, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
(November 4th 2019 - April 6th 2020 - 5 month sabbatical cover)
Key skills used: CMS (Adobe AEM), website management, definition of new components, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Hotjar, Wufoo, compliance (GDPR, PECR), JS, HTML, CSS.
• Set up Google Analytics for 30+ websites across EMEA and APAC.
• Leveraged the power of Google Tag Manager to add bespoke new tracking capabilities including document downloads, outbound links, scroll tracking, calculated fields to provide overview of vendor page performance. Created analytics training and introduced marketing managers to campaign tracking.
• Managed multiple country websites on Adobe AEM; helped complete migration to AEM and identified a number of new components and functionality improvements for development roadmap. Worked from stakeholder briefs to create website landing pages and content in support of vendor campaigns.
• Worked with development agency (Verndale) and provided
strategic direction for cookie consent management.
• Played key role in onboarding new digital agency.
• Worked with Head of Digital and Customer Delivery Lead and other senior stakeholders to define first 6 months of agency activity centered around redesigning the existing Thames Water website. Created briefs and helped Head of Digital manage and define first 6 months of project budget.
• Worked with agency and colleagues to define an ambitious roadmap including:
◦ An overarching exploration of the website 'as-is' encompassing creation of personas, heuristic review of pages, visualisation of customer journeys and pain points, areas of strategic focus for website rebuild. In order to get accurate data for this work I also identified key Google Analytics issues for agency partner to fix.
◦ Set the direction, and was key participant in, five Google Design Sprints; intense two-week rapid ideation, prototyping and testing sprints during which we reimagined various aspects of Thames Water's online estate. The output of these sprints set the strategic direction for a complete redesign of the Thames Water digital estate.
• Worked with stakeholders to define requirements for content management system; established rationale for choosing enterprise CMS (Sitecore) over lightweight headless CMS. Also gathered requirements and chose site search and video solution for the website.
• Took user research, Information Architecture and target sitemap to determine the leanest and most efficient group of components that could be used to create key page types across the new site.
• Drove definition of website content strategy, working with brand, social and omnichannel teams to ensure content plays a key part in helping Thames meet its long-term business goals.
• Set long-term direction for cookie consent model; challenging as Britain leaves the EU and ICO guidance continues to evolve!
• Undertook Information Architecture research activities to define the structure for the new website including open card sorting and tree testing.
• Was responsible for 80+ websites in 21 languages. Websites for Automotive, Motorcycles and Power Equipment divisions. Prioritised content requests from divisions and markets in support of product launches and campaigns, managed team of content executives who built master pages and localised.
• Set digital direction for Honda group European websites; supported Honda's business goals by defining ongoing development roadmap. Defined an ongoing roadmap of CMS improvements and new functionality that benefited Honda for the long-term across departments and markets.
• Managed multi-million-pound digital platform budget and relationship with digital agencies (primarily Digitas). Helped define new ways of working ('federated development') so development teams from different agencies could better work together within Honda's governance structure.
• Undertook a wide-ranging redesign of the key modules used across the Honda website; worked with designers, UX researchers, developers and stakeholders to ensure we delivered the capabilities and functionality that would benefit the business across automobile, motorbike and power equipment divisions. Worked to establish module creation criteria that defined how and when new modules or functionality should be developed.
• Ensured customer-led thinking and design. e.g. Introduced A/B testing to ensure ongoing improvement of websites, ensured qualitative user testing undertaken to validate development roadmap activities. Key participant in design thinking and customer journey mapping workshops.
• Worked closely with development team prioritizing requests from the business into Sprints, ensuring the right mix of roadmap improvements and business as usual work was undertaken.
• Ensured platform was compliant: e.g. created development brief and documentation for GDPR compliance; onboarded OneTrust cookie consent solution. Defined digital approach for WLTP.
• Sponsor for a wide range of UX, design, analytics and development projects and initiatives (recently examples; GDPR and E-privacy compliance, redesigns for key pages such as product, divisional homepage and offer pages).
• Stakeholder management across divisions and markets.
Bachelors, HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL POLITICS
Contact Hugh Poynton
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Hugh directly in Worksome.
21300+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark