Flexible Copywriter with a strong background in enterprise technology and sales
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
I have spent a lot of my career providing consultancy across the globe and have an appreciation of just how different cultures can be. This has taught me to always enter situations with a smile, but no assumptions.
I approach everything I do with energy and enthusiasm, whether flipping burgers as a teenager, working a lathe during my apprenticeship, developing Programme Test Plans, selling £1m+ consultancy projects, providing training, or researching and writing copy.
I am currently engaged with a few long-term clients providing web content and sales copy in the software consultancy space; however, I have also written articles for Mensa magazine, elevator pitches, poetry, training material and jokes. The only thing I’m particularly uncomfortable with is writing about myself.
I was the Test Programme Manager and was instrumental in the delivery of core SAP Greenfield releases. During my time I gained an expert understanding of the full SAP ERP ECC suite of modules, writing test strategies and delivering test plan to deliver all the releases within the required timescales. With the absence of Business Analysts, it was my responsibility to deliver process scoping workshops with Functional Consultants and Business Leads, document requirements and send out for review and sign off. This meant I was often working in a dual testing/BA role with the Business Leads then reviewing and accepting testing at the end of Test Cycles. As a Programme Test Manager, I would plan and manage all test cycles such as the review and acceptance of Unit Testing and Test Planning and Test Management of System Testing, SIT, UAT, Automation, Regression and Performance.
• Delivering Scoping workshops with key stakeholders
• Creating Business Requirement Documents
• Writing Test Strategies and Delivering to Test Plans
• Successfully delivered the integration of SAP systems BPC, PLM, SCM, CRM and EWM into ECC
• Expert understanding Cloud-based Success Factors specifically Employee Central and the integration into the ECC HR module. Delivered Success Factors modules for Training and Recruitment
• Planned and managed all test cycles for all releases which included System Testing, SIT, UAT, Regression and Performance Testing.
• SAP now fully implemented in Finance and Procurement Teams
• 2000+ stores nationwide using SAP - integration of the current POS solution into SAP which is all integrated into the SCM Forecasting solution for a more accurate MRP process
• Success Factors delivered across with staff now able to book holidays or view pay slips via online or a mobile app
Working with our major customers including Greggs, Exertis, JD Wetherspoons, KCAD, Lloyds Banking Group
I was responsible for ensuring that our customers received the best testing possible. This included working closely with high level stakeholders to understand the key business concerns and how we could drive excellence and quality through testing.
During this role I carried a significant annual booking target (£2m). I was responsible for bringing in net new customers using my extended network and targeted selling
Nov 10 - Dec 11
Hexaware Technologies - Principal Consultant
High level test management of key customers
This role includes high level test management of several major testing clients including:
- Fortis bank (Brussels, Belgium)
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (Leuven, Belgium)
- NMBS/SNCB (Brussels, Belgium)
- Unilever (Port Sunlight, UK)
During this time I had several test leads across our different customers. I was primarily focused around strategy, communication and troubleshooting.
In addition I carried a commercial target (£1m) for both revenue and booked work.
BSc, Computing Science
Contact Dean Hanson
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Dean directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark