Senior Writer and Content Strategist
London, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
promoting access to appropriate and equitable rehabilitation, mobility devices, and other assistive
technology, 3,500 members in 100+ countries.
• ISPO Biennium Report (36 pages, print), repurposed content, tailored messaging, consistency in tone of voice, copyediting and proofreading before print.
• Video on assistive technology (4.49 mins): creative concept, storyboard, script. Collaboration with video producer.
Working with Interel Association Management to provide marketing and communications support for their
client International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, mainly in the form of content copy for bi-monthly
membership e-newsletters, direct email campaigns, social media posts and specific marketing materials.
• Led the content development and production of several publications: ISN News (quarterly magazine, 16 pages, print/digital format) from 2010 to 2018. Creative concept and content
development of ISN Biennial Report (36 pages, print/digital format). Oversaw content development
of World Congress of Nephrology News (16 pages, print).
• Curated and repurposed content for cross-channel campaigns to generate interest and recruit
members for educational scheme for nephrologists, USD 500,000/year, ISN Academy educational
portal, congress (average 5000 participants) and yearly symposia (average 500 participants).
• Tiered membership: developed web content in line with user experience and email campaign.
• Creation of in-house style guide to improve overall consistency in communications.
• Commissioning editor for The Lancet Kidney Campaign, raising awareness to policy makers and societies in related fields of medicine about the global impact of kidney disease.
Played an integral role within the Marketing and Communications Department in a high-workload
environment. Sole writer of clear, targeted and engaging copy for websites, weekly e-newsletters, direct
email campaigns, news/press releases, biennial reports, brochures and magazines (digital and print).
Curated and repurposed content for cross-channel campaigns. As a native English editor working within a
multicultural team, ensured accuracy and consistency of language as well tone of voice throughout all
communications. Created tailored communication plans, editorial schedules and guidelines to streamline the production process and effectively collaborate with the marketing team, designers, contributors and across
research and development programme, 45,000 researchers, 213 training centres.
• Young European researcher 8-minute video to generate interest in science in higher education
(production assistant, creative brief, scouting candidates to interview, voice narration).
• Science communication training courses for scientists working within COST (organisation and programme development) as part of COST's strategy to help scientists raise public awareness
about the importance of science in education.
Lead writer and coordinated design of internal newsletter, drafted website news content and press releases.
Researched topics for articles to promote COST projects related to EU research and development and science policy. Assisted in the production of printed publications and marketing material. Developed
collaborations with related organisations and represented COST at events and meetings.
Bachelors, Germanic Languages and Literature (Minor in Dutch/English)
N/a, Journalism and Communications
N/a, Modern languages (Minor in English, French)
Contact Sally Horspool
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Sally directly in Worksome.
21300+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark