Slough, United Kingdom
Proven track record in design, delivering workflow applications in both Desktop and Web world
Has the product development acumen and worked in service industry delivering bespoke applications as projects in an enterprise application stack integrating with existing subsystems
Well versed in all SDLC phases – requirement analysis, design evolution with business requirements, code reviews, translation of design to modular and maintainable code, debugging skills, Production support
Exceptional communication, collaboration, execution & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new concepts quickly and utilize the same in a productive manner
A Change leader - Quick in assessing and adapting to new situations.
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• There were 2 set of applications - Legacy Mainframe backend and newly developed Java based front-end
and REST API backend developed in C# as interface for dealers. MS-SQL, F5 and Dynatrace were used.
• Implemented DevOps CI/CD pipeline for Mainframe applications using Jenkins, Endevor, SonarQube, Topaz
Total test, Git, UCD (IBM UrbanCode) and HP UFT. Developed a python based Dashboard from Mainframe
batch status fixed length text file.
• Maintained and enhanced the CI/CD pipeline for web application stack.
• Lead the Windows 7 and 2003 server migration program for risk remediation of end of support announced by Microsoft. Completed the transition of 150+ Microsoft applications to Azure stack in private cloud working in a Multi-vendor engagement model.
• Design and delivered new Commercial Banking Online platform for LBG clients. It replaced existing platforms to provide a single online entry point for digital products and services; simplifying how a client interacts with LBG online. It provides its users with various payment related functionalities like view account information, view total and separate balances for the account, creating different types of payments e.g. BACS payment, faster payment, CHAPS payment, Inter Accounts Transfer, Euro Payment etc.
• Software Used: Java/J2EE, Spring, Web service, WAS, AppDynamics, Junit, Maven, HP ALM, Service Now
Client – Lloyds Bank, UK – Chennai Oct 2012 – Nov 2014
• Delivered a major simplification program – “Industry Account Switchers” with new BPM Technology platform “Pega” first time in the Bank. This was delivered with a tight schedule to meet the timeline mandated by UK Payment council in Sep 2013. Challenges included integration with different sub systems within LBG and different vendors working on different components in parallel. This received a great feedback from Business i.e. less than 10% rejection ratio in automatic switches, best in class among participating banks.
Client – Capital One Auto Finance, US Jan 2010 – Sep 2012
• Re-engineered CLO (Common Loan Origination) by writing Web services in Java to integrate with BPM product Savvion and Rules engine Blaze for automating decisions for loan applications. This was a big win for COAF to enhance the front end system which was used by dealers and improved the success rate of the loan applications, time to decision.
• Software Used: Java/J2EE, JMS, SOAP Web services, Oracle DB, Savvion, Blaze
• Drove the initiative for automating MIS Report generation by developing an application in Spring/SQL and delivered it in 3 months.
• Refactored and modularized the ASP.NET based HRMS product components to reduce the time to go live for HRMS customization projects.
• Designed, developed and delivered new Assessment Application using Component based architecture in ASP.NET 2.0 & SQL 2005 with a team of 2 fresher. This was used to define, administer personality tests like 16 PF, Aptitude tests and surveys.
• Redesigned the database schema for in-house temp staffing product to generate meaningful and customizable MIS reports.
• Improved performance of legacy applications (2 hrs. to <10 min) and introduced automated testing tools, new technology reporting tools like Devexpress in ASP application.
• Software Used: Core Java, Swings, Junit, XMLBeans, Ant, CVS
• Implemented the Design of Experiments based automation testing for the widely used Query/Retrieve use case. Drove focus team to measure, analyze and realize reliability and performance targets for Workflow platform – instrumental in resolving key issues to achieve more than 250 runs of one most used critical use case (based on Operational profiling) in MR.
• Institutionalized the usage of OptimizeIt tool to analyze memory footprint of Workflow applications and resolved critical issues like JVM hang, crash etc. to achieve the reliability targets.
• Guided and influenced the Verification team to use QFTestJUI (an automated UI testing tool), Dart dashboard for test automation, results reporting, reliability and performance trending.
• Got “GTO-India Management Award” for technical and functional excellence in driving software development, championing the team on system wide testing strategy (2006) in this project.
• Designed and delivered Copy Composer and Data Export application using Java to MR & CT programs on time, with quality despite scope changes multiple times. Drove HAST development, which helped achieve 63 hours of HAST Vs the target of 8 Hrs.
• Proven track record of fixing hard to crack bugs without giving up – Demonstrated sound analytical and problem solving skills by resolving all critical issues - Fixed all Display Simultaneity/Performance issues in Auto link feature for large image series (20,000 images per series), which caused production stop order.
• Got “Exemplary Performance Award” twice - for the technical leadership in driving the workflow initiative (2005) and for ownership in resolving Integration issues of Display project (2002)
MSc, Software Systems
Bachelors, Computer Science & Engineering
Contact Rangarajan Sivaraman
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Rangarajan directly in Worksome.
33800+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark