Electronics Design Engineer specializing in circuit design, PCB layout, component selection, BOM, DFT and manufacturing
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Gained experience working in various sectors (Retail, engineering and Manufacturing)
Software experience includes C, C++, C#, VB, Python, Labview and VHDL.
Hardware experience includes PCB layout & design, various micro controllers ( CPLD, pic & STM), test & measurement controllers (Labview), audio electronics, boundary scan testing, test jig building and production testing.
Good presentation, communication and problem solving skills.
A keen learner and technical person who thinks outside the box and also willing to learn and develop new skills.
Interests include sound engineering(setup and troubleshooting) , electronics, martial arts & badminton, travelling and exploring new technology.
Links for more
- Microchip MPLABX IDE for programming PIC16F 8 bit devices.
- LTSPICE and Diptrace (PCB/Schematic package).
• Design GUI for customer facing applications by
- Writing, testing and releasing applications using MS VS C#.Net for controlling and configuring underwater lights (Explore Series lights).
- Using Python, batch files and C++ for scripting.
• Research for innovative technologies / solutions
- Successfully designed, tested and prototyped a low cost light measuring just 34mm diameter on a 4 layer PCB (Single, Dual and Colours models)
- Dealt with I2C, Serial (RS232, RS485), DMX, PWM & RTC peripherals.
- Designed, tested and prototyped Underwater Goniophotometer using PIC16F 8 bit device and stepper motors.
- Designed and tested GUI in C#.Net for Underwater Goniophotometer control.
• Develop and improve existing products / technology
- Successfully designed, tested and released an upgraded version of existing product on an ABS board to the required EMC standards.
- Designed, tested and released DC Junction Box and DMX Junction Box PCBs for connecting underwater lights.
- Dealt with C#.Net for configuring and controlling WiFi DMX controller via routers and WiFi dongles.
• Writing specifications and technical reports.
• Communicate and work across a wide range of departments.
• Provide technical support to international areas (China), hence work suitable hours.
• Inspect and release test equipment and procedures for mass production use.
• Repair, diagnose and test PCBs and equipment within a set amount of time.
• Inspect, repair and rework boards that have various SMD (Passive components, QFN, BGA, LQFP) packages, communicate and present reports to higher authorities.
• Develop and release PCB production strategies and follow it through to the final product release by liaising with R&D and other Production Engineering teams.
• Occasional manual handling of heavy test equipment.
• Attend training courses provided by the company.
• Keep track of transactions and making sure the customer receives the correct payment.
• Cashing up after the kiosk is closed.
• Solving customer problems and disagreements - this improved my problem solving and management skills which I could transfer to the other jobs.
• Processing and archiving incoming information about changes to standards and legislation by e-mail or internet.
• Interaction with national & international trade bodies and standards committees.
• Researching proposed changes to standards and legislation.
• Tracking the progress of changes to standards and legislation. Tracking Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. cross functional actions required in response to these changes.
• Administration in support of the standards manager.
• Interviewing candidates for the internship, training and supporting them.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Choir leader and keyboardist: Participation in the choir has taught me the value of patience, teamwork, time-management and shows that I am dedicated and give full concentration to the work at hand.
• Martial arts instructor: I take karate classes for students which show that I am willing to share my knowledge and help others.
• Student representative for EE course: I served as the student representative for Electronic Engineering, which taught me how to lead a team and be supportive of its members.
Bachelors, Electronics Engineering
GCSEs, Incl. Maths (Minor in English)
Contact Mathew Thomas
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Mathew directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark