Technical Testing Consultant
Leeds, United Kingdom
• Extensive Performance testing experience with focus on Performance, Volume, and Benchmarking, Disaster recovery, failover and infrastructure testing (designed using J2EE, .Net platform).
• Excellent scripting skills in diverse protocol (HTTP, Citrix, Terminal Emulation (RTE), Oracle NCA, Windows Socket, LDAP, SAP WEB and GUI, Web Services, Rest Web services - JSON) using JMeter 3.0, SOAPUI, WAPT 3.5, LoadRunner 12.0 test tool.
• Strong knowledge on Production data mining and Test data profiling to define load module and profiling the components subjected as part of system under Performance consideration
• Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Application Server Tuning, Monitoring and Alerting on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux.
• Expertise, defining scenarios through collaboration with BA's, Product Owners and developers.
• Defining end to end test scenarios, taking a pragmatic approach to focus on areas with higher risk.
• Experience in designing and developing automation Frameworks for UI, Webservice and database using Selenium WebDriver, DbFit , Python, Java and BDD/Cucumber JVM, Node JS, Nightwatch , JUnit, TestNG, and performance Test suite in an agile test environment.
• Experience in Automation Testing Frameworks using Data driven, Keyword driven and Page Object Patterns.
• Designed and Implemented Automation Frameworks for Large Scale Websites and Web Services.
• Established an automated test environment for UI and non-UI testing.
• Established continuous integration using Jenkins for Automation and Non-Functional Frameworks.
• Experience in OAT testing (Failover, Resilience, Backup, Alerting, Data recovery and Restartability).
• Experience in Data Warehousing and ETL (Extract - Transform - Load) test scenario design and test scripts construction using SQL Server Integration Services 2017 (SSIS) in agile environment.
• Participate in evolving the DevOps suite to caters deployment, and release management practices towards a continuous-integration and deployment model using Vagrant, Shell Script, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Sonar Report, ELK, Grafana, InfluxDB, CollectD.
• Software Development experience using C/C++, worked on complex products & services in telecom, health and financial sector.
• Deployment of builds in integrated test environments using RADIA package, Shell Script, Java and Ant.
• Packaging and Deployment experience using RADIA package, shell script on various Sun products, cost product like Sun One Application server 8.1, Sun One Directory, Sun One ID server, Gem Plus and Entrust Certificate Authority.
• Excellent working exposure on various flavors of UNIX, which include Unix HP-UX v10.2, SCO v5.0 & Sun Solaris 8.x.
• Team player with strong work ethic complements the ability to produce results in a complex, dynamic and agile workplace on time and within management's vision.
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
Project Name: CSDS - Community Services Data Set, ECDS - Emergency Care Data Set
Duration: Feb 2017 - Till Date
Description: The CSDS information Standard is the specification of a patient-level-extraction (output) standard intended for community service provides in England.
Secondary care HES record contains a wide range of information about an individual patient admitted to an NHS hospital these data are used for non-clinical purposes, such as research and planning health services.
Role: Senior Test Consultant - (Automation and Performance)
• Performed and Identified functional gap between new system CSDS and existing system CYPHS w.r.t Technical Spec (TOS).
• Analyse requirements and applications to identify acceptance criteria, testing cases and test scenarios.
• Design comprehensive test cases/scripts as per the test scenarios/user stories from business rules and functional requirements.
• Update and maintain regression test script packages.
• Developed and Review the Test artefacts.
• Automation test suite (framework) development for UI and Database using Selenium, Cucumber (BDD), Python, Maven, DbFit, SQL Server 2017.
• Developed and outline performance and automation test suites using JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber and Java for Web application and RESTful services and lead execution to guarantee superior outcomes.
• Modularized Scripts with multiple Re-usable code blocks to streamline and control script development into manageable units.
• Performed system diagnosis, identified application layer bottlenecks and provided recommendation and finding to all stakeholder via interim test report.
Tools: Selenium , Cucumber, Jmeter 5.1, Jira, Confluence, Java, Python, Jenkins, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
Role: Senior Test Consultant - (Non Functional Test Architect)
• Analysed the project artefacts to understand the test Requirements.
• Designed and developed the test artefacts based on business requirement.
• Designed and build the Load test model based on volumes.
• Defined and developed performance test scripts (using Jmeter tool) to mimic an end to end scenario.
• Evaluating product reliability and scalability.
• Managed and enhanced an automated testing framework for Web and REST API call using BDD/Cucumber, Selenium and Nightwatch frame work in CI (Jenkins) environment.
• Identified scope of automation test scope through user story and provided the effort estimation.
• Presented test report to product owner by highlighting discovered risks during test execution.
Tools: JMeter 3.0, DynaTrace, Jira, Confluence, SOAPUI, Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Nightwatch, Node JS, Git, Jenkins
Role: Senior Test Consultant - (Performance)
• Designed and build the test suit in accordance with the Performance Test Plan and Specification.
• Defined and developed performance test scripts for web nDelius and Citrix back office application.
• Interacted with environment support team and other project stakeholders during execution phase.
• Monitors test progress and provide test reporting metrics for measuring performance test status to management.
• Evaluated product reliability and scalability
• Compared the NFRs to the actual results and communicates performance issues to release team and all stakeholders.
• Coordinated with Core Application Development, Environment, Database, and Operations teams to identify and understand application bottlenecks.
Tools: LoadRunner 11.x, Citrix XenApp 6.5, JRocket, Java, Quality Center 11
Tools and Technology: Web-Services, Web Technology, Apache Tomcat 5.x, SQL Server 2000
Project Name: NHS24 Programme, Secondary Uses Service and Payment by Results (SUS-PbR)
Duration: Sep 2012 - Dec 2013.
Description: NHS24 is telehealth & telecare services system which provides comprehensive up-to-date health information and self-care advice like pharmacies, GP practices and dental practices, illnesses and conditions, treatments, NHS services and other support services to people who needs assistance or not well and can't wait until doctor's surgery re-opens.
SUS/PbR is a huge data warehouse system (world's fourth largest) built as part of the government's initiative for making NHS a world class commissioning of health services. It provides a transparent rules-based financial system for paying NHS funded care in UK.
Role: Senior Test Consultant - (Performance and Automation)
• Designed and developed CRM (PCM - Patient Contact Management) system performance test scripts using HP LoadRunner 11.00 and LR 8.x.
• Developed and synchronized test scripts for SAP PCM module in line with identified non-functional requirements.
• Designed and developed performance test scripts and scenarios for Business Object and Ardentia Cassius online extracts using HP LoadRunner Suite.
• Actively participated in process of deciding performance requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Created and managed required test data.
• Carried out data mining on production data to outline SUS R13 volumetric
• Executed and analysed the performance test reports to identify the bottlenecks and possible causes thus helping deployment and development teams to fix the code and environmental issues.
• Identified test scenarios and created test plan in QC along with requirement mapping to ensure test coverage.
• Executed performance test suite with monitoring key performance matrix using HP LoadRunner Suite.
• Carried out detail analysis of test result and prepared test report using HP LoadRunner Suite
• Presented test report to client by highlighting discovered risks during test execution
• Anticipated, escalated issues & risks from inception phase of the project until transition phase and recommended way forward.
• Designed and developed the automated testing suite for BCM module (intermediate system) using Selenium Web driver, Java (interface to PCM module) to mimic end to end user journey.
• Actively trained and mentored the junior team members and was appreciated by management for my efforts to help upgrade the technical and performance testing skills of the team, enabling the timely delivery.
Tools and Technology: CRM 7.x, BCM 7.x, SAP Web Portal 7.x, Win2008 R2 64bit Standard Servers, SUN Solaris 9.0, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Business Objects (BO), XML, Sun ONE App Server 8.1, Apache Tomcat 5.0, Cassius 9, SUN JVM 1.5, SQL Server 2000 (Cube processor - Synchronization)
Tools: LoadRunner 11.0 and 8.0, Selenium, Java, Quality Center 9, Sitescope 9.5/10, TOAD, PuTTY, MS Project Plan, MS Terminal Services, Sharepoint 2010
Team Size: 4-6
Employer: Nationwide (as a Contractor) - UK
Project Name: Mortgage Sales & Origination, MSO Information Management System (MI)
Description: Mortgage Sales and Originations (MSO) is a browser-based financial system which facilitates applications for Nationwide mortgages and subsequent application processing.
The main purpose of MI module is to ensure the successful integration of multiple systems to deliver multiple data items required to comply with mandatory reporting requirements for mortgage applications. This 'raw data' is processed into a series of data tables that are subsequently used as the basis for generating a number of set reports to various business areas.
Role: Senior Test Consultant (Performance and Functional)
• Understanding the Requirements and Designing scenarios followed by Test Cases
• Mapping Test Design to Requirements and ensuring Coverage
• Identify the various scenarios and design test scripts in Quality Center to cover the testing of ETL system and Reports
• Understand the data flow, data mapping and how the data is being extract, transforms and load across the various databases
• Identify, Evaluate and Escalate risks throughout testing cycle
• Defined and developed performance test scripts to mimic all third party services interactions from an end to end mortgage application. Scripting was based on HTTP, HTTPS and AJAX protocols.
• Designed scenario based on volumetric requirements to emulate load profile.
• Defined the architecture based parameters to monitor on basis of test definition.
• Conducted performance analysis and provided recommendation to the infrastructure team
• Carried out detail analysis of test result to documented test report .Presented test report to client by highlighting discovered risks during test execution
• Mercury Quality Centre was used for tracking the defect up to closure.
Tools and Technology: Microsoft IIS webserver, Microsoft workflow server, web-services, Web Technology, Ajax, SQL Server 2000
Tools: Mercury Loadrunner-9.5, Performance Center - 9.5, HP/Mercury Quality Center 10
Team Size: 4-8
Duration: Sept 2010 - Oct 2011
Description: Premier Farnell plc. is a leading British distributor of electronic components supporting millions of engineers and purchasing professionals globally with operations in 24 countries and trading in over 100.
Role: Senior Performance Test Analyst
• Responsible for end to end completion of performance test activities on Java J2EE web based eCommerce applications.
• Created software/hardware requirements for non-functional testing.
• Build the virtual machines using Microsoft Virtual PC for cross platform testing POC with OS as Ubuntu 10.10
• Facilitated project manager in estimating the work effort and dependencies of the Project Plan.
• Co-ordinated with application SMEs, business architects and system architects to understand the testing requirement thoroughly.
• Developed test scripts using LoadRunner protocols including C, Http, Https, SOAP, RTE.
• Created and Executed Performance Test scenarios based on business requirements and analysed the reports for bottleneck.
• Developed the automated frame work to identify the Critical Business Index for Europe and Newark sites.
• Configured the monitoring tools like Sitescope for QA and Production Support environment, to monitor server resources.
• Shadowing Non-functional Test Manager to deploy test strategy and framework.
• Mentor and direct other team members to achieve delivery.
• Monitor live transactions and volume trends in order to improve performance test solutions.
• Monitored the test execution process for quality testing and accurate result. Timely escalation of issues to project management.
Tools and Technology: Linux, Solaris 8, Oracle 9.2, WebSphere WMQ 5.3, Apache Tomcat 5.0, ATG Dynamo 6.3, JDK 1.5, Endeca Search Engines, Siebel 6.0 and 7.0, BPCS and Orbit.
Tools: LoadRunner 9.5.x, Sitescope 9.x, JMETER 2.6, Omniture, SQL Developer, PuTTY, Shell script, HP JTune, Ubuntu 10.10
Team Size: 7
Employer: Mastek UK Ltd. (worked in BT NHS Programme) - UK
Project Name: NHS -SPINE
Description: Provident Financial was the largest Home Credit Financial organisation in UK and had 350 branches across the globe. System was developed to capture information about various loans given to people, their payment schedules, transfers from one location to another location. Integration with the Financial Accounting System.
Role: Senior Software Developer
• Liaising with the client/system architects during requirements, implementation and acceptance phase
• Performed impact analysis, estimation needed for any system changes via CCN and UR
• Coding, Unit and System testing and defect fixing for developed modules and scripts. Peer code review.
• Responsible for supporting developed applications in Functional Testing, System Testing and Integration Testing and subsequent defect fixes.
• Preparing status report and progress report of overall team. Training the team to understand and technical aspects of the project. Support systems implementation and maintenance
Tools and Technology: SCO UNIX - 5.0, C, RAIMA Database
Work Location: UK Team Size: 6
Role: Senior Software Developer
• Provided onsite enhancement for Orange Billing Manager (OBM) & process improvement for GSM Roaming Systems at Orange, UK. Enhancements & Bug fixing of OBM
• Process Improvements in the existing systems (TAP, RAP & GPRS).
• Problem resolution - solution providing for daily issues.
• RAP files Analysis and corrective action for the same.
• Proactively forecasting and fixing possible errors that could lead to revenue loss.
Tools and Technology: HP-UX Unix 10.2, C, Informix
Work Location: UK Team Size: 5
Contact Ashok Shukla
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Ashok directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark