Superb project manager specialising in driving strategic change programmes
Mark Thomas Watson
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
Executed strategic information technology projects and lead Information security best practise implementation group-wide to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
ICT STRATEGY HEAD & CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER (2013 to 2018)
Headed group's information technology programmes while collaborating with senior management. Administered overall financial matters by establishing budgetary framework, reviewing significant ICT expenditures for all 25 subsidiary companies across 60 global locations, and improving profitability. Controlled services' outsourcing processes for group companies. Conducted training sessions while enabling staff to avoid information security threats.
• Developed a video conferencing system to improve communication quality.
• Directed ICT services' migration project for 1500 employees throughout the group.
• Accomplished strategic business objectives while managing an annual budget of £5.5M.
• Mitigated software costs by £250K in a year by re-negotiating several business contracts.
• Delivered Cyber Essentials Plus certification for all subsidiaries.
Devised information technology strategies and standardised hardware/software infrastructures across multiple sites while ensuring economies of scale.
GLOBAL IT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER (2009 to 2013)
Oversaw business operations of four acquired companies in multiple countries. Collaborated with senior executives to establish budgetary plans multi-million pounds on annual basis. Fostered business relations with well-known brands while negotiating global agreements to supply hardware, software, and information technology services. Supervised services' consolidation processes to save organisational costs. Recruited and trained technical experts to deliver excellent service while maximising customer experience.
• Introduced a mobile device management (MDM) solution across the group.
• Utilised a security software valuing £11K to save £5K on yearly basis.
• Acquired landlines and internet connection by spending £70K that minimised costs by £10K.
• Managed a project of EDI solutions' implementation in collaboration with managing director of the automotive division.
• Saved £150K annually by purchasing HP hardware and services costing £800K.
• Attained Microsoft and IBM software licensing while saving £63K and £37.5K in a year.
• Selected and project managed the installation and global deployment of a lifecycle management system for all client devices. Enabling centralised software asset management, application deployment and remote control for simpler end user support
• Defined and implemented server virtualisation for the UK site
• Responsible for development and improvements to the SAP systems including project managing the addition of the Quality Management module replacing a large number of spreadsheets and custom databases
• Project managed the move of 25 staff and associated systems from the Southampton offices to the Isle of Wight site, integrating their systems and servers into the existing network
• Managing the transfer of previously outsourced services for the group to the UK
MBA, Business Administration
Certificate, International Company Direction
Contact Mark Thomas Watson
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Mark directly in Worksome.
21000+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark