Hands on CTO - .Net
london, United Kingdom
industry executive with a history of diverse and varied digital transformation experience
building company infrastructure from the ground up.
Strong communication skills, with a talent for explaining technical concepts in everyday day
terms, highly skilled with digital strategy and transformation, an expert in software engineering
and well-versed in IoT.
Effectively communicated and built a publicised tech entrepreneur profile:
• The Daily Telegraph
• The Times
Varied industry experience that provides valuable perspective to key stakeholders, cultivating
a sense of partnership across the company, strengthening teamwork, and setting the vision,
focus, goals and strategies that drive the best possible business value. A well-balanced
technology and commercial mindset.
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Advising and implementing solutions for
digital marketplaces and direct to consumer
• Current Client (Kindred Soul) - delivering
solutions in .Net Core/Azure/React/MS SQL
company specialising in made-to-measure
clothing servicing 20 different countries
• Championed development of infrastructure
of all company technology and digital
products leading this VC-backed company through pre-seed, seed and toward series A
• Core responsibilities included the
technology and digital strategies and implementation.
• Data strategy utilising Machine Learning
and AI to deliver substantial improvements
across business metrics.
• Building both internal and external
relationships with companies such as
Microsoft leading to the business hosted at Microsoft Decoded central exhibit.
• Object Key Result Strategy
Lead backend developer.
• ASP.NET 5 (VNext) Beta 7 - 8, Visual Studio
finance aggregation, however, the product never
went to market due to the slow-moving regulatory
• C# 6.0 ASP.NET and .NET CORE 2.0,
Visual Studio 2017
solution, Dragons Den, Microsoft Ventures
• C# 6.0 ASP.NET and .NET CORE, Visual
• C#, JS
• IoC/DI (ninject)
• Micro services
• SQL/Elastic Search
• Source control Git
• CI (appveyor), CD (Octopus Deploy)
• Agile (Scrum)
• Web API 2.2/OAuth2
over 10 million searching per day.
• ASP.NET 5 (VNext) - Visual Studio 2015 CTP
• C#, AngularJS, Bootstrap
• IoC/DI (Autofac)
• RESTful micro services
• Big data, NoSQL, Elastic search, Couchbase
• Source control Git and TFS
• Continuous integration (GO)
• Agile (Scrum)
• SQL Server 2012
• RESTful service development
• C#, WEB API, MVC ASP.NET, JSON/XML,
XSLT, Unit testing, TSQL, LINQ, SQL
Server 2008-12, Continuous Integration.
• Poor man's dependency injection
• Agile methodology (Scrum), Project
management using Visual Studio online and Pivotal tracker.
• Source control Git Hub and TFVC
• Responsibilities (Analyse, develop and implement services for our mobile
applications, internal tools and new platform
• Continuous integration - Test Flight
• Infrastructure monitoring tools
the automotive industry.
• MS SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation
• Fixing bottlenecks & optimising SQL syntax
& logic for client integration and report
• Responsive Cross browser development -
IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
• Front line client support.
Aug 12 - Nov 13
Herne bay Domestics
Web site & .Net application development
• Developed and deployed bespoke desktop
applications for Invoicing and stock
management to meet client requirements
using winforms (.Net).
• Deployed and maintained a commercial
CMS website, SEO, marketing, etc.
solution called Sage 50.
• Upgrading and improving on existing
• Front line client support.
• VB.NET, C#, SQL Server, SQLite & XML
for calculations of insurance rates and support
• Experience using visual studio, SQL server,
writing functions in VB6 and debugging.
Feb 10 - Sept 10 Travel (Gap year from university)
• Extensive travel within Asia and the Pacific,
development in ability to overcome diverse and challenging cultural experiences.
databases, front end applications and Softphone, Formal training has supplemented
extensive practical experience in the call centre
• Excellent results resulted in top producer bonus.
BSc, Computing Graduate
Excellent work, delivered very promptly. I can certainly recommend Stephen
Developer, designer, database, survey tools, charts design specialist for E-health platform in 3-6m
Contact Stephen Stroud
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Stephen directly in Worksome.
31900+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark