Cambridge, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
A large part of the role includes continuous improvement to identify and analyse existing inefficiencies in the workplace then implement new innovative ways of working to increase efficiency, productivity, delivery, quality and safety. Some examples of improvements I have implemented in the role:
• Developing system to 3D scan damaged aircraft parts then 3D print form tools used to manufacture the replacement part, this reduced form tool lead-time's from 1-2 weeks to 2 days.
• Developed procedure to generate 3D scanned models of aircraft during the damage assessment / design modification phase. This avoided many hours of photography and measurement taking. This also enabled designers to create parts in greater confidence knowing designs would fit first time and also avoided potentially expensive rework of parts.
Other roles I have undertaken within the business include:
• Managed £800k equipment upgrade project to replace existing machinery with new equipment to meet the increased demands of new large scale projects. This included all stages from sourcing new equipment, liaising with suppliers through to arranging the sale of our existing machinery and organizing the installation of the new equipment. Project was delivered on time and under budget.
• Asset manager for a deployable hospital system stored inside 70 x 20ft shipping containers to be deployable anywhere in the world within 72hrs. This including developing new systems & methods of tracking stock levels, asset movements, product testing & storage solutions, including organizing the final deployment manifest.
Software & programming experience gained in this role:
• ERP Software used - Tandem, Access, Epicor. CAD/programming experience - Catia V5.
• 3D printing - Stratasys Fortus 450mc with GrabCAD. Materials - ASA, ABS, Nylon, Ultem.
• 3D scanning - Creaform HandyScan, MetraScan. Software - VX model, VX elements.
My role was highly varied with a lot of problem solving and product testing required on projects ranging from product advertising display stands to outdoor gym equipment.
• CAD experience - SolidWorks.
• Programming software - Lantek
Role involved working closely with both customers and our internal sales team, CAD designers & prototype formers to ensure projects ran smoothly & successfully.
• Software used - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop.
• CAD experience - SolidWorks, Photoworks
B/A Honors, Design & Technology
Hndhncorequivalent, Art & Design
Contact James Dixon
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to James directly in Worksome.
21300+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark