Award nominated Composer, Sound Designer and Musc Producer
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Performing live music and live foley in numerous performances
• Creating prerecorded music and sound for the performances
• Assisting in workshops with children
Venues - Green Man Festival, JW3, Feltham Arts Centre
Dates EmployedAug 2011 – Present
Employment Duration8 yrs 4 mos
• Working as a full-time in-house Composer and Sound Designer.
• This is a varied role demanding abilities in multiple genres as well as working in more than a
• Specialising in hybrid electronic, orchestral music styles combining my composition and sound
design strengths, developing a personal film trailer sound
• Delicious has a strong live emphasis so as much of my work as possible is recorded live. I have
experience of recording a wide variety of sounds, from foley, to string ensembles to full rock
bands, and I often play in them as well as recording
• Managing my own time between short turn around work and long term, large scale projects
• Liaising with clients, discussing their needs and creating the needed deliverables for the project
• Managing the studios and technical set up as well as some admin responsibilities
• Recording the sound of the singers through water, all live
• Building a set of Hydrophones and suitable pre-amps for underwater use
• Designing the show inclusively for both performers and audience with a range of hearing
• Creating visual and physical representations of the music, such as holdable speakers playing
sub-frequencies related to the cello
I have since created underwater sounds for the for the film Titus, for the band Circumnavigate and I am currently creating underwater and water foley for a video for On The Record.
Venues - BBC Radio Three, Tête à Tête festival Riverside studios, Green Belt Festival
• Working in various venues, such as The Hard Rock Cafe and The Royal Albert Hall.
• Liaising with bands and their live engineers, ensuring they were happy with the recordings
• Recording, editing and mixing the tracks ready for radio play
Please see my site www.liamquinn.com for more detail and examples of my work.
1st Class Honours, Music, Goldsmiths
Contact Liam Quinn
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Liam directly in Worksome.
21300+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark