Experienced cell biologist specialising in process optimisation and standardisation, Biobanking, cellular reprogramming into stem cells (iPSCs) and differentiation.
Dr Chukwuma Agu
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Managed a team of eight staff providing both daily direction and performance assessment
• Developed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the derivation and maintenance and banking of induced
pluripotent stem cell lines (iPSCs), ensuring the best practices of biomanufacturing processes
• Implemented workflows to enable cost-effective, and efficient manufacturing of iPSCs
• Developed protocols for terminal differentiation of iPSC into red blood cells and cortical neurons
• Implemented quality control (QC) of stem cells such as trilineage differentiation, SNP array-based genotyping, cell
line identification (STR), mycoplasma tests.
• Ensured all facility certifications including ethics and licenses certifications were implemented thus ensuring
proper accreditation which was essential to maintaining operations
• Managed day-to-day facility operations, including budget, lab operations, infrastructure support, and vendor
• Designed process maps, and implemented Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample
• Organised stem cell workshop and training programs both for academic and industrial users.
November /2013- July 2016
• Set up the R&D team and managed 5 full time scientists
• Created and implemented SOPs ensuring its adherence
• Optimised and implemented workflow for efficient manufacturing of iPSCs
• Transferred and adapted academic protocols into operational routine application, including scalability and Standardisation
Senior Scientific Manager: Team Leader IPSC Pipeline: CGaP facility at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Cambridge
September 2012 - October 2013
• Involved in setting up the CGaP stem cell facility
• Recruited and managed 6 full time scientists.
• Provided scientific guidance and training on iPSC generation, expansion, quality control, and banking
• Ensured cell culture media, supplements and reagents are evaluated prior use for stem cell culture
• Created and implemented SOPS, risk assessments and process maps for iPSC derivation ensuring
• The facility has produced and banked over 600 human-induced pluripotent stem cells available for purchase at ECAAC
• Demonstrated for the first time that Holin is cytotoxic to cancer cells in vitro and in animal models and characterised the potential mode of cell death.
Contact Dr Chukwuma Agu
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Dr directly in Worksome.
21300+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark