Highly successful senior consultant specializing in engineering solutions
Langport, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
Assist clients to implement and manage operational change, integrating new technologies, techniques, experiences, from initial feasibility studies through to completion.
Recent projects have included consolidation of multi site operations into a single location with robotics and automated sorting equipment., as well as providing support in selection of materials handling systems and operations maintenance reliability services.
Bringing leadership to the Plant Engineering department for United Parcel Service, a result driven experienced senior engineer that has achieved world class results through development of a successful engineering team and empowering them to excel. Continually evaluating business efficiency, and ways to transform to provide better services for our customers. A portfolio of over 100 facilities across 6 countries, which includes large parcel sortation buildings able to process up to 42,000 packages per hour to specialised healthcare warehousing. Responsible for all engineering aspects of the buildings, the sortation and material handling systems, as well as all other related equipment. Also has an in-depth knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry which included supporting the logistics for 2012 Olympics.
• Total management of large portfolio of buildings which include large automated parcel sorting sites, airports, office complexes and healthcare across UK and Europe
• Project management of various projects including £100 million pound plus new construction sites, installation of automated parcel sortation systems, as well as smaller modifications and expansions, from feasibility stage, design, installation to daily operations.
• Responsible for preparation and control of multi-million-pound business plans.
• Long and short-term strategy planning to meet Company's goals.
• Change implementation and transition management.
• Daily management of materials handling and parcel sortation equipment operation, preventative maintenance and repair which include complex automated systems. Achieving best in class on reliability and service.
• Management of related Health & Safety process, compliance and sustainability programs. People management, development and mentoring. Recruitment and training of in-house specialised engineering teams.
• Experience in due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, integration planning and implementation.
• Performing business evaluations on innovative technologies for possible investment.
• Cross functional team player.
• Key member of a number of merger and acquisitions teams.
• Carried out detailed due diligence on prospective companies, with respective recommendations and investment.
• Provided commercially viable project solutions.
• Total project management of integrating acquired companies facilities and material handling systems.
• Integration and development of staff including recruitment and training of in-house engineering teams
• Implementation of Company's processes and procedures.
Contact Ross Hudson
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Ross directly in Worksome.
21200+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark