Business Intelligence Developer - Power Bi, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, SQL, Excel
London, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
An investment company, founded in 2003, with Hospitals, Medical and Dental Clinics, etc. PSMI is the largest private healthcare provider in Zimbabwe with over 126 service centres strategically spread across the country.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Managing the MIS platform. Collaborating with Healthcare Management System (HMS) developers with design and development of the Reporting Module and developing Business Intelligence Solutions.
• Developing and Managing Business Intelligence Solutions: created an Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) solution using Integration Services (SSIS) that consolidated and synchronised data from 104 strategic business units' physically separated databases. Developed an Analysis Services Solution (SSAS / Cubes) that improved Reporting Services (SSRS) Report Load speed, and improved on reporting accuracy.
• Creating Dashboards, Automating Business Reports: Created the first ever Business Intelligence System, with automatic report delivery. Created self-service Bi (SSBI) Reports and Dashboards using Power BI. Utilising DAX scripting to add more meaning to existing data.
• Integrating and Maintaining IT Systems: building ETL processes to maintain SQL Server data warehouse using SSIS. Creating SSAS packages to improve SSRS reporting speed and accuracy.
• Analytical, Creative and Problem Solving: Implemented a High Availability and Disaster Recovery - Database Cluster that improved system performance by a factor of 10 and eliminated system timeouts completely.
A public listed enterprise in Zimbabwe, with diverse portfolio in non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages brands e.g. Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Castle Lager and Carling Black Label. With an annual revenue of 572 million US Dollars, the company has over 3000 employees.
Gathering business data, aggregating and transforming data into meaningful business reports. Supervising 2 business intelligence analyst.
• Automating Business Reports: created the first automated sales reporting system using SSRS, delivered reports via email and increased report accuracy and enabled timely and informed decisions. Created SSAS cubes from Data warehouse, trained business users self-service Cube manipulation.
• Analytical, Creative and Problem Solving: collaborated with other functional teams, conducted research, data collection, analysis and summarising, created an Excel Macros that automated data capturing into workbook from a manually downloaded csv file, greatly reduced the report generation time from 4 hours to 20 seconds.
Masters, Strategic Management and Corporate Governance
BSc, Computer Science
Denzil tailored the reports to exactly as we requested. Very easy to deal with. Would recommend.
Contact Denzil Gumbo
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Denzil directly in Worksome.
31700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark