Freelance Estimator for Roofing and Cladding Contractors
Norwich, United Kingdom
Specialising in pricing roofing and facade disciplines including composite cladding, aluminium standing seam, single ply membrane, structural waterproofing and rainscreen. I'm proud to cover all sectors of the construction industry – commercial, leisure, retail, aviation, healthcare, industrial, residential and stadia developments.
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
• Offering estimating services to be structured to compliment your own team or provide a totally independent estimating solution.
• Specialising in roofing and façade disciplines including composite cladding, aluminium standing seam, single ply membrane, structural waterproofing and rainscreen.
• Services can include: -
1. Producing detailed and accurate digital take-offs from architects' drawings.
2. Issuing sub-contractor and supplier enquiries.
3. Preparing priced bill of quantities utilising computerised estimating package.
4. Producing the overall tender submission document i.e. covering letter, Bill of Quantities, scope drawings, specifications and clarifications.
5. Quotation follow-up with client.
6. Attending post tender meetings.
• Volunteered at a wildlife research project in South Africa and a marine conservation project in Fiji. Achieved a Level 1 Ski Instructor qualification in Canada.
• Working on a diverse range of commercial, leisure, retail, aviation, healthcare, industrial, residential and stadia developments.
• Tendered projects range from £250K to £10M in value including a number of prestige landmark projects.
• Pricing disciplines including rainscreen cladding, composite cladding, single-ply membranes, structural waterproofing and aluminium standing seam.
• Accurately quantifying material, labour and plant requirements from architect and engineers drawings using Adobe/Bluebeam software.
• Utilising ConQuest Q Series estimating software to produce fully rated pricing schedules.
• Leading final review meeting with directors prior to submission.
• Often working to tight tender deadlines and managing multiple live projects.
• Integral part of the team in numerous successful projects including Appleton Academy School Bradford, Holland Green Design Museum London, Fitzroy Place London and Principal Place Commercial, London.
Contact David Steadman
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to David directly in Worksome.
18700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark