Senior Software Developer
London, United Kingdom
With a strong eagerness in learning and practice, can play key roles throughout the SDLC of a project.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Knowledge and experience on developing RESTful APIs and microservices.
• Comfortable with Agile & TDD practices and writing documentation
• Essential knowledge about developing on cloud platforms (Red Hat OpenShift, AWS, GCP)
Programming : Java 8+, Java EE, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Spring Cloud, Angular (Typescript).
Databases : Oracle & MySQL RDBMS, MongoDB & Cassandra NoSQL, Redis
Methodologies : REST API, Microservices, Oauth2 – Spring Security,
Tools & Platforms : CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab), SVN, Git, Bitbucket, Linux (shell scripting), Jira, Confluence, Docker, Kubernetes.
• A good translator when explaining technical data to non-technical people.
• Can read/follow up others’ code carefully and work well in the team to write reusable and well-documented code.
• Able to recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
• Contribution to teammates his essential work practice.
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Implemented backend REST services with Spring Boot for providing data to dashboards.
• Worked effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues.
• Participated in code reviews with security point of view.
Tech Stack: Spring Boot with Java 11, Spring MVC, Spring Security
Agency Portal Project is the transformation of the old cumbersome Liferay based web application to a modern, flexible microservices application.
• Played a pivotal role in an experienced team who are growing and developing with modern technologies.
• Make decisions on the roadmap of the transformation with the team.
• Designed, built, and maintained of backend microservices and frontend components.
• Implemented integration between management services and CRM system.
• Developed authentication and authorization mechanism in Angular together with frontend developer.
Tech Stack: Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservice, Angular7, OpenShift, TDD, Oauth, Oracle, GrayLog
Crew Self Service Project / Feb 2016 – Jan 2018 - Turkish Airlines, Istanbul/Turkey
Crew Self Service (CRESS) Project is the mobile transformation of crew-oriented applications, which are very crucial for daily operations of cabin & cockpit crew.
• Played key role for designing and implementing integration strategies between CRESS and CMS (Crew Management System)
• Developed backend JAX-RS services for notification and crew list components.
• Participated in discussions with frontend developers to help them develop more accurate prototypes
Tech Stack: Java 8, Java EE, Rest API, Angular4, Couchbase, IBM MQ.
Crew Management System / Feb 2013 – Feb 2016 - Turkish Airlines, Istanbul/Turkey
Provided support & integration services for Crew Management System, which is responsible to assign crews to the flights ideally in a daytime operation.
• Spearheaded and mentored junior engineers using pair programming and code review sessions in order to make the team productive.
• Managed business operations dev team which develop integrations and handle issues in order to improve stability and consistency of CMS.
• Developed data retrieval interfaces from CMS with Python, SOAP Web services with Java in order to combine data layer to external services/systems.
• Wrote a generic integration layer which decreased the development time of new integration components.
Tech Stack: Python, Oracle, SOAP & REST web services (Jax-Ws Jax-Rs), IBM MQ.
• Developed a wrapper interface serving between old system in order to provide backward compatibility.
• Improved decision of approval procedure of retail credits.
• Developed and integrated a Digital Expertise service client to retail credits.
Tech Stack: C#, WPF .Net, VB6, Sql Server.
• Developed the core services for the extension project of Direct Debit system to Commercial Card System. Collaborated with a very big team flawlessly during the development process.
• Decreased development time from 1 day to 1 hour by tuning the procedure of file parsing and importing in Direct Debit System.
• Refactored Oracle Forms applications to modern looking .Net WinForms applications with high customer satisfaction.
Tech Stack: WinForms .Net, Soap Web Service, Oracle.
• Tuned real-time products for stability and performance.
• Gained strong customer relations and also experienced in how to analyze and solve customer needs and problems.
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science
Contact Hayrettin MAVIS
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Hayrettin directly in Worksome.
33700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark