Senior Software Developer
Peter Lorenzo Jeffers
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I am able to assume the roles of Developer, DBA, Business Analyst or Data Analyst and have worked with computers at every level, up to and including platform agnostic enterprise solutions.
I have the following attributes:
• A proven track record of successful implementations with a demonstrated ability to deliver high availability, scalable, transactional systems, on time and within budget.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a capable team player and motivated self-starter, able to forge sound working relationships, or, work autonomously where required
• Strong exposure to all aspects of the software development life-cycle
• Adeptness in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA & OOD), UML and Design Patterns; first-rate relational data modelling skills allied to solid architecture/ framework knowledge and sound experience of n-tier Architectures.
• A technical skill set which includes: Agile methodologies TDD, CI, Java 8 (including Core Java & JEE), JUnit, third party frameworks (Spring and Hibernate), Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL), Stored Procedures (PL/SQL), JSP/Servlets, XML, JSON, Weblogic, JBoss, Websphere, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, ANT, Maven, CVS, SVN, PowerBuilder, Visual Studio and Eclipse
• Formerly DV and SC cleared
Full time contractor
Java coding, component test and integration test; analysis of the current system dialogues and workflows; performance enhancements and usability improvements to the QuikPlan Domiciliary Care system; requirements analysis and specification.
Commodity XL, Commodity XL for Credit Risk, Java, SOAP, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Test Pilot, SOAP Tester. Achieved 84% in the TPT baseline exam and 4/5 in my last performance review (officially: exceeded expectations)
Raw Materials Requirements Forecast upload, & Physical Contracts trade upload to CXL. Multiple CXL installations & technical support, CXL Performance testing, Sun to CXL Payment Interface, Credit Risk.
Java Development, testing Business Analysis, installation, support, enhancements, bug fixes and integration of the Commodities trading platform known as Commodity XL.
In my various assignments at Triple Point Technology, I have been responsible for several successful client implementations including:
• Payment Interface with splits and allocations functionality (the high quality of implementation resulted in just 1 minor failure in 38 test cases on its first independent test, this was identified and fixed in 10 minutes)
• RMR Forecast Trade upload tool.
• Bulk Contract Forecasting Interface.
I also acquired functional experience and training as a BA in Credit Risk.
Java J2EE, Eclipse & JDK 1.5, EJB, JSP, XML, Oracle 10g, JBOSS, Websphere, RSA, Websphere, RSA, Tomcat, Windows XP, Unix, Linux (Ubuntu), JUnit, Ant, cruise control
During my time at Logica, I worked as a consultant to clients including Oracle, Vodafone and British Telecom and also on government projects; these roles are summarized below:
Agile methods, J2EE, Java JDK 1.4, Eclipse + Excedel Studio, Oracle 8i, BEA Weblogic, JBoss, Websphere + Websphere MQ, EJB, Hibernate, Spring, Borland Together & UML. Ant. JUnit, perforce P4, Cruise control, Tomcat, CVS
Projects: Merlin (Fees Direct), Alerts Direct
As a component and EJB developer, I worked on the Fees Direct Fixed Income commission module. Specific duties included detailed design, implementation, deployment (to Weblogic, Websphere and JBoss) and testing of Message and EJB components. I was also responsible for implementing change requests for the alerts direct system.
Projects: (RDSS Data Feeds) Reference Data Self Sourcing (RDSS) & Money Data Finder (MDF)
As a java developer I worked on asset reference data feeds into the Reuters NDA (Numeric Data Architecture). Data sourced via the Reuters IDN (International real-time Data Network) or submitted using a bulk GUI, was transformed into XML transactions. These transactions were applied to the RDSS repository. The reference data held within the repository being key to users of Reuters products.
I also worked on Money Data 'Feeds In' functionality, allowing RDSS to catalogue Money Data broadcast across the IDN.
Duties included analysis and impact assessment, detailed design, implementation, testing.
Masters, Data Engineering
Bachelors, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
HighSchoolOrEquivalent, Mathematics, English, Computing, Human Biology, Biology, General Science, Art
Contact Peter Lorenzo Jeffers
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Peter directly in Worksome.
33800+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark