Chartered Project Management Professional
Shanklin, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
* Engaged to deliver a number of small to medium scale projects and programmes, required to enable / support the Airport Operation and the City Airport Development Programme (CAPD).
* Reporting into the C-Suite and using established financial systems and governance; developed
and implemented project plans required to track and manage budgets, risk and schedule,
resulting in meeting and / or exceeding project delivery targets and stakeholder expectations.
Risk & Value Management
* Engaged to oversee opportunity management, working closely with the Senior Leadership
Team to drive the Opportunities and Value agenda across the programme.
* Advised Delivery Director and Senior Leadership Team on contract negotiations to optimise
service capacity for main work electrification from Bristol to Cardiff, focussing continuation of service delivery with minimised downtime and risk exposure to support NR commercial goals.
Entry into Service
* Acted as Entry into Service lead with team of 10 direct reports, to produce construction
evidence and assurance required by ORR to demonstrate legislative/safety compliance of the electrified railway and obtain passenger train permissions.
* Provided project management advice to Senior Programme Engineering Manager and Compliance Engineers for the Maidenhead to Didcot technical file, including supplier interfacing,
submissions and programme for submission of compliance statements for approval from Independent body, managed outputs/met milestones for use.
* Authored and implemented execution plans for individual entry into service events (5) for
remainder of electrification programme, overseeing team of 12 Programme/Project Managers to deliver.
Project Close Out
* Developed Close out strategy for the Greater West programme, interfacing with Senior
leadership Team to agree key milestones and resources;
* Developed reporting tool and KPI's to measure and report progress; including utilising
document management system (eB), workflows (eBP) and reporting functions (logi).
* Provided support to the BIM Programme Manager to develop the Western & Wales route BIM
Strategy and implementation plan for Major Programmes.
employs 27,000 people globally, and generates €3.4 billion in revenues.
* Hired initially as Project Manager for EC Harris - Built Asset consultancy, which merged in 2011
* As Project Manager/Associate, led multiple workstreams as part of £multi-billion and £multi-
million programmes direct on client sites. Engaged with the client; captured requirements;
created project plans; managed risks and issues; engaged and managed suppliers; and project
managed delivery to time, cost and quality requirements.
* Promoted in 2013 to Partner and Service Leader. Manage and own complex and high profile
design, infrastructure and construction projects with budgets of up to £1 billion.
* Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) include: client feedback; future business and pipeline
development (from existing clients); income and revenue generation; team engagement and performance; and project delivery to time, cost and quality requirements.
* Key stakeholders include client leadership / executive teams, designers, architects, Arcadis
senior partners, regulatory bodies, and multiple third party suppliers / vendors.
Bachelors, Environment Engineering
Hndhncorequivalent, Civil Engineering Studies
Contact Mark Geary
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Mark directly in Worksome.
21200+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark