CTO / Developer / Problem Solver
Welwyn, United Kingdom
Links for more
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
The solution included using Amazon Kinesis for ‘big data’ migration into AWS Redshift (data warehouse) in order to generate real-time Tableau reporting and analytics. This enabled the end client to replicate real-world scenarios and incidences to make informed decisions on UK border security, revenue streams, port efficiencies, lorry queuing, goods transfer to/from Europe etc.
I was responsible for translating the initial requirements and developing the prototype/MVP under intense pressure and minimal timescales with a small support team and following that the successful MVP delivery the team was rapidly scaled to deliver a scalable, highly performant, customer ready solution.
- Analysis of Customer Requirements
- UI / UX Design
- Solution Architecture and Data Design
- Project Plan
- Build a scalable Simulation Engine from scratch in C# along with Visualisation Engine in Unity3d and output to AWS Kinesis
- Develop and deliver MVP
- Scale the team to 23 members including Unity Developers, 3D Artwork, Data Engineers, Reporting and Analytics, DevOps
- Leverage Amazon Kubernetes to deploy and manage applications on AWS cloud at scale, whilst accessing simulation remotely using Apache Guacamole.
- Successfully Deliver Customer Ready solution on time and on budget
Technologies: C#, JSON, OO, Unity3D, Scrum, Agile, API/Microservices, AWS cloud, Amazon Kinesis, Tableau, AWS Redshift, Apache Guacamole
My responsibilities included:
- Reverse engineering and documenting the existing phase 1 legacy solution based on Unity 3D with Unity Physics.
- Analyse customer requirements for scaling the solution to phase 2.
- Make recommendations to the management team and lead partner for Phase 2 development.
- Jointly Architect a modular and extensible phase 2 scalable solution of the 3D simulation.
- Maintain the existing legacy codebase and back port phase 2 ready features whilst development of phase 2 progressed.
- Design and build scalable APIs for additional features using Serverless architecture / AWS Lambda / API Gateway
- Support the Data Engineers and Data Science Teams and in particular help improve the efficiency of ingesting the Neural Network ML input feed
- Facilitate large scale simulation runs to analyse a multitude of scenarios.
Technologies: C#, JSON, OO, Unity3D, Scrum, Agile, .net Core, GCP, Google PubSub, AWS Lambda, API/Microservices, Tableau
HND IT, Information Technology
O Levels, A Levels + GCSE, Computer Science, Art, Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Science, Computer Studies, Business Studies etc
Contact Mark Castle
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Mark directly in Worksome.
21000+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark