Mechanical and systems engineer
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
• Responsible for the manufacture, assembly, integration and test of ground support hardware for the MetOps second generation spacecraft, including clean room assembly and vacuum testing.
• Invention and development of an in-orbit pultrusion based composite manufacturing system.
• Lead engineer responsible for an acoustic fluid manipulation project investigating the effect of high frequency vibration on cryogenic fuel behaviour.
• Lead engineer responsible for the 'DUSTER' project investigating the use of harvested CO2 to remove dust from Martian lander solar panels.
• Lead engineer responsible for high frequency vibration assisted rock drilling project including design of test hardware.
• Responsible for design of structural elements of MIXS Optics Modules used in the BepiColombo Mission. MIXS (Mercury Imaging X-ray Spectrometer) is an instrument on the Mercury Planetary Orbiter (MPO) satellite, part of the ESA/JAXA BepiColombo mission to Mercury.
• Development of a capacitance-based level sensor for use within the LMC instrument as part of the sample processing system for the Life Marker Chip (LMC) instrument onboard the Martian Rover on the ESA ExoMars satellite mission to Mars.
Contact Andrew Dixon
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Andrew directly in Worksome.
31600+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark