Cheshunt, United Kingdom
An Information Technology & Business Information Systems professional seeking an active role in your projects / programmes. Capable of building relationships through good communication and interpersonal skills. Communicates well at all levels, customer focused, and analytical thinker with good organisational awareness, proactive attitude, and a strong team worker.
I am an experienced independent contractor / consultant, competent and capable of comprehending the wider business vision; contribute effectively within areas of assigned tasks. I have complete portable skills, although my principal business domain knowledge covers Systems Analysis & Design, Data / Information Modelling, Workflow and process redesign, Document Management, and Business Process Re-engineering. I have practical insight of development and project management methodologies and tools an accomplished workshop facilitator.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Planned and co-ordinated structured developments involving multi-disciplined and geographically distributed teams.
• Assisted with the evolution of a development strategy.
• Reviewed proposed changes to preserve initial application architecture.
Business Analysis/System Design
• Guided a team of developers on requirements capture and customer management
• Undertook a design method review for a national food retailer
• Introduced and guided structured design techniques on a project.
• Advised users on efficient use of a billing query system to increase their throughput of queries by automating manual processes
• Assumed role of lead designer of a strategic sales based ordering system
• Designed a subsystem of a large order handling system single-handed
• Designed a system to track and analyses data.
• Created and designed processes
• Facilitated numerous workshops capturing and prioritising system requirements.
• Led a series of workshops involving customers and developers to ratify the design and made enhancements to a system
• Led a workshop attended by senior managers to determine the problems regarding the implementation of a major system enhancement.
• Managed a team of business analysts in a structured environment developing systems within a strategic architecture
• Managed a team of analysts with responsibility for the data architecture of a major system
• Managed a team of analysts and developers designing and building objects for major developments
3. CAREER SUMMARY:
iSYCON LIMITED INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT Mar-14 to Dec-18
ACCRA, GHANA Business Analyst, 9 mths
• Designed interim systems solution to facilitate early launch of new electronic commerce product
• Documented and costed options for longer-term provisioning, billing, finance and customer services systems and made recommendations for future strategy.
Business Analyst, 12 mths extn
• Designed system using client/server architecture for use in business centres
• Assisted with upgrading the design of the user interfaces to client applications
• Assisted users in re-engineering of local process to enhance efficient use of the system through an increased throughput of queries
• Provided and system demonstrations to call centre managers at various locations nationwide.
Business Analyst,, 17 mths extn
• Developed functional specification for the strategic sales-based ordering system
• Introduced a number of structured techniques and a quality assurance procedure and coached the project team members in their use.
• Drafted and documented marketing material for services offered by the Utility Sector of iSycon clients
• Collaborated with Human Resources in developing a client services questionnaire
• Participated in Client/Server and Systems Migration special interest groups.
Business Analyst 22mths extn
• Led a team of designers to produce a core customer cross-reference services within a telecom provider.
• Led a small team with particular responsibility for the data architecture of a major system
• Liaised closely with customer representatives in analysing requirements and producing the functional specification of order handling.
• Produced object-based design of a subsystem of the order handling system using SSADM and a CASE tool, Select.
• Chaired a forum for setting programme-wide design, policies and standards.
CRAWLEY, UK IT Consultant / Business Analyst Oct-09 to Nov-13
• Worked closely with Project Managers, business unit teams, IT, Process Improvement Team and Marketing to identify and deliver change that supports council’s goals.
• Day-to-day management of client consulting projects, i.e: project structuring and executing workflow plans.
• Developed programmes that supported the Customer Group objectives.
• Prioritised projects into consistent and structured approach and with clear understanding of deliverables, roles and responsibilities.
• Initiated project-reporting capability, seeking timely approval and escalating issues with supporting recommendations to senior management.
• Set up working sessions to define processes that improved response time for claims payments by 25% - 65%.
(WB) PALESTINE Test Management Consultant Aug-08 to Sep-09
• Facilitated the definition and introduced a Type Approval regime for Telecommunication and IT products.
• Ensured best practice and produced guidelines that allowed Wataniya Telecom framework benefit from international mutual recognition.
• Established Programme Quality Office for Wataniya Telecom.
• Defined quality & business objectives, secured agreements (obtain sign-offs) and acceptance.
• Coached project managers on network infrastructure testing, IT & Billing systems, Business support, and Services development.
• Managed activities including acceptance, business readiness tests focusing on Products (UAT and End-to-End business processes), and verification of operational readiness (Organisation structure, facilities, procedures).
BASEQ, ISRAEL PMO / Business Analyst Jul-07 to Jun-08
• Being the central point of contact for all streams and stakeholders for the project programme and ensure the integrated programme remains the most up to date view of the project.
• Developed and embedded strong project governance processes, ensuring standardisation of all project documentation and effective management of project progress.
• Maintained all centrally held, PMO documentation (such as project plans and logs), ensuring these are accurate, up to date and communicated as appropriate.
• Created, maintain and report on all integrated project programmes across complex large scale internal projects
• Identified programme risks and assessing the potential impact to thier critical path.
VODAFONE, NEWBURY/THEALE Business Analyst Oct-06 to Jun-07
• Worked within Quality Assurance as key and sign-off authority on the SCM Phase A test deliverables of the Integration and Test Team.
• Performed Quality Assurance of the SCM Phase A Programme, as defined in the IS Test Strategy.
• Reviewed and updated feedback channels with programme test documents.
• Performed and reported progress via weekly progress reports and face-to-face meetings with assigned Managers.
• Managed resources deployed to assist the Quality Assurance Activities on the project.
• Approve Test completion report after test coverage and sign-offs obtained.
• Issued Quality Acceptance/Rejection Certificate(s), provided all tests successfully completed.
YOUR COMMUNICATIONS - MANCHESTER Business Analyst Jun-03 to Sept-06
• Led the Change and Data Management CRM implementation.
• Established new IT operating model for supporting requests delivery, quality assurance and relating issues.
• Developed methods & best practice appropriate for the support and maintenance of central repository.
• Ensured key dates and deadlines flagged sufficiently in advance in contribution to the overall progress of the Portfolio.
• Administered Risk reviews and created quick win plan resulting in cost reduction in service improvement.
• Provided solution strategy for new products and services necessary for Your Communication product portfolio.
TELKOM SA. LTD. PRETORIA. Process Analyst (CRM) May-01 to Feb-03
• Led the definition and development of contracts and billing systems, security strategy and CRM planning.
• Managed implementation programme including Order Management module, ClearSupport and Fault Management functionality of the CRM integration.
• Managed IT transformation programmes for 2 sections and the deployments that resulted in a revised operating model with services transfer and outsourced partners.
• Successfully managed the implementation of 3 T1 ERP deployments, including ORACLE, PeopleSoft applications.
• Managed the development of supplier relationships, including the transition to 3rd party partners.
• Structured Systems, Process Reengineering, Use Cases, Analysis and Design.
• Methodologies & Techniques - RAD, DSDM, SSADM and Agile.
• Experience of full SDLC and Project management.
• Quality Assurance and Test Management, techniques and tools.
• Requirements Management, techniques and tools.
• Designing and leading process mapping and redesign workshops.
• Business Analysis activities including requirements elicitation, formulation and drafting of various contests.
• Ensuring business needs translated into requirements to enable design and delivery of selected technology.
• Capturing functional transformation and non-functional business requirements.
• Managing requirements through their lifecycle including traceability and version control.
• Supporting & managing change, functional testing and assisting with implementation.
• Maintaining strong relationships at all levels including Stakeholder Management.
• MS Office user: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio & MS Project.
Ongoing relation / part-time
Full time contractor
Master of Science, Business Systems Analysis & Design
Bachelors of Science, Information Technology & Business Information Systems
Contact James Brown
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to James directly in Worksome.
18700+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark