Finance Transformation & Delivery Director (Specialist in SAP)
London, United Kingdom
A solutions trailblazer possessing a CPG/FMCG/Retail to Pharmaceuticals,
Oil, Telecoms, Automotive and Manufacturing
Having worked for the Big 4, knowledge and skills have reached a maturity during a career spanning 20 years covering the broadest spectrum of work from greenfield projects to ‘sweating the asset’ through transformation. Extensive capabilities cover every process from planning & delivering large scale technology solutions to monitoring & realising the business benefits. Qualities include excellent business acumen, multiple solutions methodologies, complex decision-making skills, hiring, building & motivating teams, powerful interpersonal communication skills, all combined with major core competencies in Financial Transformation, managing multiple vendors on a global scale without losing sight of the strategic objective, across a diverse operational and multicultural backdrop.
Full time contractor
Global OTC Solution Strategy & Deployment: Led a strategic shift for OTC Deductions valued > $500m (SAP FSCM & Fiori integrated with digital/machine learning solution) with a European wide Business Case ($ m) approved by Global CIO • Led deployment to Pilot markets • Coach project managers & project team • Reform BAU/ Operations/ SSC to help deliver a consistent global approach in partnership with external vendors
IS Lead / Programme Manager
Key Programmes & Achievements include:
• Zero Base Budgeting (Cost Savings/ Efficiencies): Successfully delivered the targeted cost reductions of £130 Million, ZBB (using cloud-based Anaplan tool) being the enabler tool to reduce indirect spend for Diageo worldwide. This helped increase profits and more importantly improve organic operating margin.
• Next Generation Control (Compliance & Control): Delivered a large programme of £5M to implement additional process controls and increase their automation (incl. continuous monitoring) from 20% to 64% by levering technology capabilities from SAP, GRC & CCM products. Consequently, this led to long term & sustained savings in internal staff & external audit fees that had previously been due to reliance on manual internal controls.
• Legal Entity Alignment Programme (Target Operating Model): Led this programme to align technology & organisation split between Legal entity (Financial Control) and management reporting structure (FP&A) leading to clear roles & responsibilities supported by technology changes leading to processing efficiencies & automation benefits ultimately allowing statutory forecasting to enable tax and treasury benefits
• IFRS16 (Regulatory/Compliance): Provided complete compliance to the business by implementing a third-party cloud-based solution for IFRS16 (Lease Accounting) regulations, converting legislative requirements into effective internal polices, processes & disclosures.
• Next Generation Group Reporting (Reporting/Analytics/Automation): Shaved half a day off month end performance reporting processes, migrating manual Excel to E2E automation. Board members, CEO & Senior Execs now access month-end performance reports on their mobile devices, consequently revolutionising business decision-making by providing critical performance insights, not just numbers. Under the hood, this was delivered using cloud-based Microsoft Power BI with on premise data.
Overall Programme Manager
(Business & IT)
2. Delivered strategy including commercial due diligence for a change management solution. The challenge included fitting this into a complicated landscape with over 100 SAP instances.
Eli Lilly Limited - Financial (Supply Chain) Transformation & Shared Service Set-Up - Interim Mgmt • Successfully delivered a Pan-European standardised financial supply chain solution, reducing processing costs & increasing working capital with cloud-based global invoice processing & matching systems integrated with SAP • Set up a Global Shared Service Centre, successfully managing & planning the architecture & implementations of software, telecommunications, networks & hardware, ensuring harmonised technology architecture across Europe, all whilst multi-managing a team of architects, project managers & software specialists across international borders.
Qualified Chartered Accountant, Qualified Chartered Accountant
Contact Amit Tibrewala
Worksome removes the expensive intermediaries and gives you direct contact with relevant talents.
Create a login and get the opportunity to write to Amit directly in Worksome.
33600+ qualified freelancers
are ready to help you
Tell us what you need help with
and get specific bids from skilled freelancers in Denmark